Tennessee fans already starting to talk about the 2017 GT-Tennessee game

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Probably 'cause Brian Kelly is a horrible coach and an even worse human being?
Getting back to my point that I now regret trying to make with a snide comment: attention to preparation does not mean we're "inside their heads" like that's a sign of fear or weakness. I'd much prefer to not be inside their heads and they show up unprepared.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
There you go again extrapolating improperly. You make a habit of that. It is very possible for two variables to affect an outcome. That is why scientists are so keen to isolate them in experiments.

Right. That's why it's wrong to credit NDs win to their extra prep and consultant. You can't isolate the variables.

Rather than trying to make this personal, just look at how your post proves ny point.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Honestly how much time can they really devote to prepping for us this spring? A week? Unless they spend the entire month worrying about us Then it's 3 months off and maybe a week or two tops come fall camp. We have as much time to prep for them as they do for us. If we lose it's because we turn the ball over or there D line is to much for our O line to handle. Both teams have big ? marks at QB. I'd say this is about as even as a match up you can get. As long as we get 7 and not 3 in our red zone trips and get a few 3 & outs or a big TO we should be fine.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Getting back to my point that I now regret trying to make with a snide comment: attention to preparation does not mean we're "inside their heads" like that's a sign of fear or weakness. I'd much prefer to not be inside their heads and they show up unprepared.

Ah, it's just something fans say. Just let it slide, man. Let it dressedcheeseslide.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Honestly how much time can they really devote to prepping for us this spring? A week? Unless they spend the entire month worrying about us Then it's 3 months off and maybe a week or two tops come fall camp. We have as much time to prep for them as they do for us. If we lose it's because we turn the ball over or there D line is to much for our O line to handle. Both teams have big ? marks at QB. I'd say this is about as even as a match up you can get. As long as we get 7 and not 3 in our red zone trips and get a few 3 & outs or a big TO we should be fine.
I trust CPJ enough to think we don't have a ? At QB. He's made way to many comments about how deep we are at QB and if he's not worried, I'm not worried.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm going to laugh when we come out in the first half and smash them in the mouth because they've got their hands low thinking we're going to cut them. Then, as they start to adjust at halftime, we come back out an cut the crap out of them in the 2nd half. When you have a team specifically trying to practice for what you do well, you've diverted them from practicing what they do well. That's a WIN all day long in my book.

Last edited:

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
I'm going to laugh when we come out in the first half and smash them in the mouth because they've got their hands low thinking we're going to cut them. Then, as they start to adjust at halftime, we come back out an cut the crap out of them in the 2nd half. When you have a team specifically trying to practice for what you do well, you've diverted them from practicing what they do well. That's a WIN all day long in my book.
Exactly. Spring and summer is when you should be working on yourselves and not any one team in particular. Probably the last week or two of practice is when you should really start preparing for the first opponent.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Honestly how much time can they really devote to prepping for us this spring? A week? Unless they spend the entire month worrying about us Then it's 3 months off and maybe a week or two tops come fall camp. We have as much time to prep for them as they do for us. .........

They need to prepare for an ACC team since they have mostly over rated SEC teams to play for the rest of the season.