Tennessee fans already starting to talk about the 2017 GT-Tennessee game

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
So im visiting my dad at a hospice facility here in Michigan and as I pull in I see a truck with a big orange T on the back window and Tennessee plates. After being there 5 min I'm in the lobby and I hear a "Tech fan huh?" I have a GT hoodie on. I said yea. Being polite I said to him "You ready for the game? It should be pretty good"
Him in his camo jacket and mouthfull of skoll replies "Ha. Good game for us. You guys can't compete with the level of talent we have" then went on about how we play no one and we are more like a 1AA program now since we run the option. I laughed at him and said you're obviously ignorant when it comes to football. Good luck and walked away. ****ing hillbilly. I hope to God we run those ****s off the field!

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
So im visiting my dad at a hospice facility here in Michigan and as I pull in I see a truck with a big orange T on the back window and Tennessee plates. After being there 5 min I'm in the lobby and I hear a "Tech fan huh?" I have a GT hoodie on. I said yea. Being polite I said to him "You ready for the game? It should be pretty good"
Him in his camo jacket and mouthfull of skoll replies "Ha. Good game for us. You guys can't compete with the level of talent we have" then went on about how we play no one and we are more like a 1AA program now since we run the option. I laughed at him and said you're obviously ignorant when it comes to football. Good luck and walked away. ****ing hillbilly. I hope to God we run those ****s off the field!
Hate them now. Only game I hope they win is against the dwags.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
He probably posts on the Volnation message board:LOL::ROFLMAO: If Tennessee loses to GT Butch Jones will probably arrive in Knoxville and see a moving sign in his front yard:p

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Well he's partially correct. We do play no one. What were we like 8-0 vs the SEC last year?

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...nessee-non-conference-schedule-plus/99667592/
The 2017 season will bring more of the same. In fact, this might be the most appealing nonconference schedule of coach Butch Jones' five seasons at UT.

The best thing about it for UT: The Vols should win all four games. In fact, this should be the easiest nonconference schedule since 2012 when the Vols went 4-0 against N.C. State, Georgia State, Akron and Troy State[sic].
Georgia Tech is a less threatening, though respectable opponent. The Yellow Jackets, an early three-point underdog, have had only one losing season since 1996, and matched Tennessee’s 9-4 record last season.

UT coaches likely will spend much of the offseason fretting about Georgia Tech’s option offense. But playing a team that poses no passing threat is preferable to renewing the rivalry with Oklahoma.

If you’re going to face an option offense, best to do it in an opener, when you have months to prepare, rather than in the middle of the season.
Georgia Tech is an ideal opening opponent: good enough to get UT’s attention, but probably not good enough to pull off an upset.

Last edited:

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
Thank you! I didn't really hate the Vols until reading this. Let the butt whooping, knee-cutting, crackback blocking, midline ramming, Lynch-wide-open-downfield fest at the MB dome begin.

Last edited:

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
When is the last time Tennessee won anything of any significance? Usually if you're gonna talk smack about being better than someone else you should have some hardware to back it up. From what I can tell, it's been 10 years since they've even won their division. Maybe I'm crazy, but I choose not to trust the logic of a group that supported Lane Kiffen.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Butch Jones had nine months to prepare for Appalachian State and you saw how that game went!:LOL: Butch Jones is never going to out coach the very good coaches that Tennessee will face on their schedule so they have to hope they will out talent enough teams to win 8-9 games. I think Paul Johnson will out coach and out scheme Butch Jones and i don't think it will be an upset if Georgia Tech wins.:cool: