Tennessee fans already starting to talk about the 2017 GT-Tennessee game

Deleted member 2897

Of course we can lose the game. But it should be a good one. I just love all these ignorant SEC teams and their ignorant fanbases that compare star ratings up and down the 2-deeps and just shrug their shoulders: "We should win by 20+ points." Not yet into the 2nd quarter they all quickly realize they are more than screwed.

If they have any brain cells left at all, they'll call Stoops, "Smart", Derek Mason, and even Mark Richt and try and learn a thing or two. I wouldn't be surprised if the first response is, "The first thing you need to do is take them seriously."

I mean for Pete sake, we beat Virginia Tech, Georgia, and Kentucky (all common opponents last year) AND we didn't lose to Vanderbilt like they did - we blew them away. Against common opponents last year they went 3-1 and we went 4-0.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
So im visiting my dad at a hospice facility here in Michigan and as I pull in I see a truck with a big orange T on the back window and Tennessee plates. After being there 5 min I'm in the lobby and I hear a "Tech fan huh?" I have a GT hoodie on. I said yea. Being polite I said to him "You ready for the game? It should be pretty good"
Him in his camo jacket and mouthfull of skoll replies "Ha. Good game for us. You guys can't compete with the level of talent we have" then went on about how we play no one and we are more like a 1AA program now since we run the option. I laughed at him and said you're obviously ignorant when it comes to football. Good luck and walked away. ****ing hillbilly. I hope to God we run those ****s off the field!
Just curious...where in Michigan? The reason I ask is my cousin in MI has in-laws in TN & I'm curious if they might be visiting family.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Guys, I'm getting scared again. Vols have this guy, name's Warrior. Their DC says he might be their best player, and his name's Warrior?! He must be unstoppable! Wait, lemme check the tape ...

Yep, he has knees. We're good. #BattleofWoundedKnees
Nigel Warrior doesn't have much experience he's got a lot of learning to do at safety. He's had a good spring so far and will probably be a starter in the GT-UT game.

http://www.tennessee.247sports.com/...-attention-of-tennessee-vols-running-52027276

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
It is all relative, you know. But I seriously hope they all play well, real well, because we are going to put on a track meet. The bigger question mark is that I85 bridge. They could give a game and nobody comes.
Yeah it's going to be hard to get around since that happened. There could be a crowd at the GT-UT game similar in size to a Kennesaw State home game.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Yeah it's going to be hard to get around since that happened. There could be a crowd at the GT-UT game similar in size to a Kennesaw State home game.

Honestly the bridge damage shouldn't have too large an impact on the game except for folks coming from the NE side of Atlanta. Will it some impact? Some but I really don't it going to be a major impact.

Not everybody comes from the north side of Atlanta. I DO hope it affects the number of Tennessee fans who come, but for those of us who come via I-20 or from the south side, it shouldn't have any effect at all.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Honestly the bridge damage shouldn't have too large an impact on the game except for folks coming from the NE side of Atlanta. Will it some impact? Some but I really don't it going to be a major impact.
I'm not familiar with the terrain but I hope you are right. Seriously right, because there was a time when Georgia Tech-Tennessee stopped college the football world. if for no other reason I am glad it is back, and the chicken bowl folks deserve a lot of credit for either luck, or institutional memory,