Temple

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
You guys are funny man. You think you just pick up the phone, call Texas and say, "hey, we want to play you guys in a home and home," and they say, "hell yeah, when can we do it?!?!"

Big schools don't want to play teams that can beat them and ruin their title hopes (ok, Texas was a bad choice). Hell, Auburn refused to play us a few years back, and we've played them more than anyone but Georgia.

I'm ok with any FBS team, period. FCS teams is where I start to get upset. We should never play them, and neither should ANYONE in FBS. There's enough teams up here to fill a schedule with competitive games rather than dog and pony shows where we beat those guys by 60+ points.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I also have a personal desire to see Tech notch at least one win over every single FBS team before I die. Can't do it if you don't play and beat the Temple's of the world.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Do they tailgate in Philly? It better be early in the year because the last thing I want is to deal with snow and ice while tailgating at some off-campus NFL stadium.

Also those other home-and-homes at least give us some exposure for recruiting in NO and Orlando. I'm pretty sure Philadelphia isn't exactly a highschool football gold mine.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
You guys are funny man. You think you just pick up the phone, call Texas and say, "hey, we want to play you guys in a home and home," and they say, "hell yeah, when can we do it?!?!"

Big schools don't want to play teams that can beat them and ruin their title hopes (ok, Texas was a bad choice). Hell, Auburn refused to play us a few years back, and we've played them more than anyone but Georgia.

I'm ok with any FBS team, period. FCS teams is where I start to get upset. We should never play them, and neither should ANYONE in FBS. There's enough teams up here to fill a schedule with competitive games rather than dog and pony shows where we beat those guys by 60+ points.
Most logical post I've seen on this deal. It's not like we are turning down P5 schools to schedule a series with Temple. As long as PJ is here, scheduling out of conference P5 schools will be difficult.

Animal02

Banned
Yeah we'll load up on all those D3 players lol. Get real. Greater Philly produced only two 4 star kids and no 5 stars this cycle according to 247. There are highschool teams from podunk towns down here that have more 4 stars than that entire city.

Don't know how to read a map then...that is FCS and FBS players......there is far more to the areas than "greater Philly. And Tech attracts so many "5 star" recruits. Must suck when the facts don't fit your claim.

Animal02

Banned
Most logical post I've seen on this deal. It's not like we are turning down P5 schools to schedule a series with Temple. As long as PJ is here, scheduling out of conference P5 schools will be difficult.
I agree that scheduling P5 schools will be difficult. But I still disagree with settling for a home and home with non P5 schools.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't know how to read a map then...that is FCS and FBS players......there is far more to the areas than "greater Philly. And Tech attracts so many "5 star" recruits. Must suck when the facts don't fit your claim.

That's my point? The bad players and good players show up the same on that map. Pumping out lots of low level talent is irrelevant to an ACC team with respect to recruiting. We get nothing recruiting wise out of going to a place that doesn't put out ACC calibre kids compared to a place like UCF or Tulane.

Animal02

Banned
That's my point? The bad players and good players show up the same on that map. Pumping out lots of low level talent is irrelevant to an ACC team with respect to recruiting. We get nothing recruiting wise out of going to a place that doesn't put out ACC calibre kids compared to a place like UCF or Tulane.
No, you specifically said D3 players. The map is D1 only......try to spin it all you want, you were wrong. And once again.....how many 5 star kids has Tech signed in the last decade? You cherry picked a stat to try to prove your claim, and failed miserably.