Temple

slugboy

Staff member
True.

I would rather Tech schedule Tulane for these reasons:

1) Tulane and Ga Tech have a history with one another.
2) New Orleans and the fact that Louisiana is a much better state for HS prospects than Pennsylvania.
3) Tulane actually has their own stadium, which adds to the game experience.

1. Tulane doesn't want to play us
2. Their stadium gets HOT. Like melting cleats hot.
3. I don't mind the idea of an early season game in a setting under 90 degrees
4. Might get a basketball matchup too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

northgajacket

Banned
It is not necessarily that one believes that Tech is on up there in the landscape like Alabama or Ohio State ( unlike that school in Athens ), it is just the fact that distance ,the fact that Temple does not have much prestige and they do not even have their own stadium makes this match-up less than ideal. IMO

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Temple? Maybe. As far as out of conference games that might help recruiting, I'd rather play Houston, Memphis, UCF, or USF. Even though I don't think it would help with recruiting, I'd like to play Army, Navy, or Air Force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

northgajacket

Banned
Temple? Maybe. As far as out of conference games that might help recruiting, I'd rather play Houston, Memphis, UCF, or USF. Even though I don't think it would help with recruiting, I'd like to play Army, Navy, or Air Force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those four would be better for recruiting purposes IMO.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Temple?

I would far rather play Tulane than Temple. At least Tulane, like GT, is a former SEC member and there's the whole historical matchups thing. Plus, who doesn't like going to Nawlins, watching a game, getting plastered and jumping on the good foot to do the bad thing?

I hope the scheduling genies aren't ultimately going to have us playing Holy Cross, Bowling Green, East Nowhere State, and Faber.

Temple? Good grief.
Tulane pulled out of the series after two beat downs... No way they want anymore of the ramblin wreck...Temple is better than playing two FCS teams in a season..

Last edited:

GTFLETCH

Banned
I'm guessing the Tulane game in '19 will get cancelled and the first game of this series is going to slip in, with a home game in 2022 potentially? Although looking at Temple's schedule they've already got a full schedule

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/future-schedules.html

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/aac/temple-owls.php
2019 at Temple (this is huge as we may have had to schedule another FCS game due to Tulane pullout)

2021 at Home to finish that OOC, schedule

GTFLETCH

Banned
2019 at Temple 2021 at BDS.... would be huge....as we would only need to schedule a FCS team in 2018 and 2020 and our OOC scheduling would be set until 2022... WOW...That would be great news...

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
My last word on Temple.

I just don't see how this helps us. It's not going to help with recruiting. It's not going to help with exposure. It's not going to help fill BDS.

Temple is a just a warm body. Nothing to get excited about.

Look at Tennessee. Everyone is talking about the upcoming game. BIG. In the new Dome. Local enough that plenty will attend. I guarantee any kid watching that game is thinking, "I could see myself at Tech".

Temple. Good grief.

Animal02

Banned
My last word on Temple.

I just don't see how this helps us. It's not going to help with recruiting. It's not going to help with exposure. It's not going to help fill BDS.

Temple is a just a warm body. Nothing to get excited about.

Look at Tennessee. Everyone is talking about the upcoming game. BIG. In the new Dome. Local enough that plenty will attend. I guarantee any kid watching that game is thinking, "I could see myself at Tech".

Temple. Good grief.
Temple would be fine if it was a two for one like we did with Middle Tennessee. Temple is not worth wasting a home and home spot.

Animal02

Banned
True.

I would rather Tech schedule Tulane for these reasons:

1) Tulane and Ga Tech have a history with one another.
2) New Orleans and the fact that Louisiana is a much better state for HS prospects than Pennsylvania.
3) Tulane actually has their own stadium, which adds to the game experience.
The west side of the state is a fertile recruiting ground.....the east side may as well be in a different country.