Temple

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
You're going to feel sick when we beat you.

All the more reason why the match up is meaningless. If you think it's a game we would lose (and that's debatable), I'd rather play Auburn, Tennessee or almost any historical GT rival. Why go all the way to Philly - which is a sh*thole anyway, to play, when we can cruise down 85 in the comfort of the JacketMobile, and play in front of 100,000 fans who actually know what is going on down on the field?

I don't see any advantage to our football program playing Temple. We may as well play Mercer.

jhg

Georgia Tech Fan
All the more reason why the match up is meaningless. If you think it's a game we would lose (and that's debatable), I'd rather play Auburn, Tennessee or almost any historical GT rival. Why go all the way to Philly - which is a sh*thole anyway, to play, when we can cruise down 85 in the comfort of the JacketMobile, and play in front of 100,000 fans who actually know what is going on down on the field?

I don't see any advantage to our football program playing Temple. We may as well play Mercer.

I'm sure you've spent extensive time here.

northgajacket

Banned
I know this is crazy, but we actually won the AAC last year, and lost to Houston in the AAC Championship the year before. We're 26-14 over the last three years.

in the last 3 years we're 0-2 against Houston, but 2-1 against UCF, 1-1 against USF, 2-0 against SMU, and 3-0 against Tulane with a PF/PA of 90-13.

The Temple of 2017 isn't even in the same universe as the Temple that got kicked out of the Big East. To suggest that we are means you know nothing about us.

AAC is a joke.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I grew up on the Main Line. Are you seriously calling the Main Line a dump?

Hmmm. Clearly they don't teach Critical Thinking at Temple. It's standard at Tech. You opined that I was unaware of Philly and my response was that I worked in Philly, went to Wharton, and have a Bro in Law that grew up on the Main Line. So, I know Philly. And yes, I think Philly is a dump. I will say one thing though ... I did rather enjoy the Ruths' Chris there.

For me, I'd rather go to Nawlins. Others may feel differently.

northgajacket

Banned
Not bothering me, just can't figure out why. The thought of posting on another team forum is foreign to me, but maybe I just value my time too much...

I have never understood why someone would post on other message boards either. I have my theories, but I will keep those theories to myself.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Guys, unless some changes are made in currently scheduled seasons, this won't happen for 8 to 10 years. The entire climate of college football will change a lot in that amount of time.

Largely true. I would expect programs like Temple, South Alabama, and others ... to be gone by then. There will be 5 super conferences and pretty much, nothing else. Not that matters anyway.

northgajacket

Banned
No predictions. It's just the odds are that a lot will change. Hell, by that time, Temple COULD be a powerhouse, and Tech an also-ran. Hopefully, the latter won't EVER be true.

True.

I would rather Tech schedule Tulane for these reasons:

1) Tulane and Ga Tech have a history with one another.
2) New Orleans and the fact that Louisiana is a much better state for HS prospects than Pennsylvania.
3) Tulane actually has their own stadium, which adds to the game experience.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Temple's decent. Could give us as much of a run as any other non-P5. Phillys close to DC for me so wouldn't hate it. But as interesting matchups / fun road cities go this is as meh as we could do.

Just from the AAC I'd rather go to Memphis, USF, Tulsa, Tulane, ECU, Houston, or UCF (who we've got already).

Also, why are we doing a H/H with them? We ought to be able to get 2 for 1 out of that.

TforTempleU

Georgia Tech Fan
Largely true. I would expect programs like Temple, South Alabama, and others ... to be gone by then. There will be 5 super conferences and pretty much, nothing else. Not that matters anyway.

I think it's more likely that we'll be conference mates by then and you'll get to book yourself a nice trip to Philly every other year.

In the meantime, glad for both programs that we could schedule a home and home. (y)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I can play the 'should we know anything about GT' game too. If you don't think the most historically important city in the country is a destination city compared to drunk town, Mickey Mouse, and Ybor City, I don't know what to tell you. Coke and CNN are cool though.

Dude, I lived in Philly for many years. You can make your choices (it's a free country) but I will take most other cities over Philly any day of the week. And as for being the most historically important city, Boston says "hello".

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
In all honesty I don't think we're one of the programs that has the clout to tell all G5s that they only get 1 off home games with us. I'd take a home and home with an AAC team over pretty much any other G5. Temple isn't topping my list but I'd take a series with them over a lot of other schools if you had to make me choose. Temple or MTSU? I'd choose the former any day of the week