Temple

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
In all honesty I don't think we're one of the programs that has the clout to tell all G5s that they only get 1 off home games with us. I'd take a home and home with an AAC team over pretty much any other G5. Temple isn't topping my list but I'd take a series with them over a lot of other schools if you had to make me choose. Temple or MTSU? I'd choose the former any day of the week

Middle Tennessee? In bustling Murfreesboro? Well, at least it's a short drive from GT and one can stay in Nashville for that game (short drive from MTSU). As for game day experiences, have you been to Temple's stadium? (Hint: they don't have one.)

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Middle Tennessee? In bustling Murfreesboro? Well, at least it's a short drive from GT and one can stay in Nashville for that game (short drive from MTSU). As for game day experiences, have you been to Temple's stadium? (Hint: they don't have one.)
idk when the game is played in 2034 or whatever temple might have their new stadium. these scheduling things are done way too far in advance to really get excited about anything

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
True.

I would rather Tech schedule Tulane for these reasons:

1) Tulane and Ga Tech have a history with one another.
2) New Orleans and the fact that Louisiana is a much better state for HS prospects than Pennsylvania.
3) Tulane actually has their own stadium, which adds to the game experience.

4) they sell booze at their stadium

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
FYI....some of our swarmers are posting on UT boards...some to troll most likely.

I haven't seen an obvious Temple troll yet...just a teenie bit o smack talk which is all good.

Why would opposing fans visit the Swarm? For opponent insights for one. Granted...any Temple game is way off on the horizon if it even ever happens.

northgajacket

Banned
FYI....some of our swarmers are posting on UT boards...some to troll most likely.

I haven't seen an obvious Temple troll yet...just a teenie bit o smack talk which is all good.

Why would opposing fans visit the Swarm? For opponent insights for one. Granted...any Temple game is way off on the horizon if it even ever happens.

Still think it is lame TBH

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
In truth, having lived in Philly I will always root for Temple against most programs, as they are indeed a terrible underdog. Not great facilities, no home stadium (they play in the Eagles stadium iirc)....the school has historically been a heavy commuter school...remind anyone of Georgia State yet? But they do have the balls to try to play Penn State every year and I root for them like crazy against those kinds of teams, and they often give them fits (even if they usually come up short). They are in my mind the quintessential underdog program.

But please don't make me go back to Philly.

northgajacket

Banned
In truth, having lived in Philly I will always root for Temple against most programs, as they are indeed a terrible underdog. Not great facilities, no home stadium (they play in the Eagles stadium iirc)....the school has historically been a heavy commuter school...remind anyone of Georgia State yet? But they do have the balls to try to play Penn State every year and I root for them like crazy against those kinds of teams, and they often give them fits (even if they usually come up short). They are in my mind the quintessential underdog program.

I root for them against Penn State (tbh though I would root for UGA against Penn State these days).

TforTempleU

Georgia Tech Fan

Not sure where you're getting your information about our facilities but I can assure you they're competive with much of the P5. Your point about the linc is fair but we'll have a stadium on campus soon enough. As for being a commuter school, those days are long gone. The majority of undergrads live on campus or in nearby off campus housing.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I think it's more likely that we'll be conference mates by then and you'll get to book yourself a nice trip to Philly every other year.

In the meantime, glad for both programs that we could schedule a home and home. (y)

I think it's highly doubtful Temple will survive. And that's not a knock on a Temple, it's just economics. To field a competitive team requires $100MM budget, much of it driven by an alumni network. Tech is on the low end of that number with too much debt service. I don't see how Temple remains a relevant program. Field a team? Maybe. Ever be any good? Odds aren't in your favor.

As to home and home, I have season tix, so I'll go if at BDS. I see no reason to spend a nickel to visit Philly. I'd rather have root canal.

northgajacket

Banned
I think it's highly doubtful Temple will survive. And that's not a knock on a Temple, it's just economics. To field a competitive team requires $100MM budget, much of it driven by an alumni network. Tech is on the low end of that number with too much debt service. I don't see how Temple remains a relevant program. Field a team? Maybe. Ever be any good? Odds aren't in your favor.

As to home and home, I have season tix, so I'll go if at BDS. I see no reason to spend a nickel to visit Philly. I'd rather have root canal.

It's just much tougher for schools in cities with pro teams to economically compete with schools in college towns IMO.