Temple

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
We play a G5 team every year. I don't see why this is bad? If we're replacing our P5 opponent for the year with another G5 then I understand the distaste.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The Temple game resulted in season ending injuries to Navy's QB and two running backs.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
We play a G5 team every year. I don't see why this is bad? If we're replacing our P5 opponent for the year with another G5 then I understand the distaste.
It's Temple....the program that got kicked out of the big east. We already play in PA every other year, so this doesn't help cruitin any. I guess they usually suck so we should be heavily favored so that's good I suppose. I'd rather have these G5 H&H against ucf, usf, tulane, houston, and smu. Maybe 2 for 1 vs FAU,FIU,gsu1, gsu2, and app state.

jhg

Georgia Tech Fan
It's Temple....the program that got kicked out of the big east. We already play in PA every other year, so this doesn't help cruitin any. I guess they usually suck so we should be heavily favored so that's good I suppose. I'd rather have these G5 H&H against ucf, usf, tulane, houston, and smu. Maybe 2 for 1 vs FAU,FIU,gsu1, gsu2, and app state.

I know this is crazy, but we actually won the AAC last year, and lost to Houston in the AAC Championship the year before. We're 26-14 over the last three years.

in the last 3 years we're 0-2 against Houston, but 2-1 against UCF, 1-1 against USF, 2-0 against SMU, and 3-0 against Tulane with a PF/PA of 90-13.

The Temple of 2017 isn't even in the same universe as the Temple that got kicked out of the Big East. To suggest that we are means you know nothing about us.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
To suggest that we are means you know nothing about us.

No disrespect meant, but why *should* we know anything about Temple? You are not close geographically, you have never been in our conference, and Philly isn't the destination city that New Orleans (Tulane) or UCF (Orlando) or USF (Tampa) are. Once you go outside of Power 5 foes, most of us GT types care more about the city than the team (mostly).

jhg

Georgia Tech Fan
No disrespect meant, but why *should* we know anything about Temple? You are not close geographically, you have never been in our conference, and Philly isn't the destination city that New Orleans (Tulane) or UCF (Orlando) or USF (Tampa) are. Once you go outside of Power 5 foes, most of us GT types care more about the city than the team (mostly).

I can play the 'should we know anything about GT' game too. If you don't think the most historically important city in the country is a destination city compared to drunk town, Mickey Mouse, and Ybor City, I don't know what to tell you. Coke and CNN are cool though.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Temple?

I would far rather play Tulane than Temple. At least Tulane, like GT, is a former SEC member and there's the whole historical matchups thing. Plus, who doesn't like going to Nawlins, watching a game, getting plastered and jumping on the good foot to do the bad thing?

I hope the scheduling genies aren't ultimately going to have us playing Holy Cross, Bowling Green, East Nowhere State, and Faber.

Temple? Good grief.

jhg

Georgia Tech Fan
Temple?

I would far rather play Tulane than Temple. At least Tulane, like GT, is a former SEC member and there's the whole historical matchups thing. Plus, who doesn't like going to Nawlins, watching a game, getting plastered and jumping on the good foot to do the bad thing?

I hope the scheduling genies aren't ultimately going to have us playing Holy Cross, Bowling Green, East Nowhere State, and Faber.

Temple? Good grief.

You're going to feel sick when we beat you.

Chris Freeman

Jolly Good Fellow
Temple fan apparently waisted little time trolling our board... lol
The game hasn't even been scheduled yet. I'll play though. How about...

Temple
Conference Titles 2
National Titles 0
Bowl Appearances 5
All Americans 3

Georgia Tech
Conference Titles 15
National Titles 4
Bowl Appearances 44
All Americans 21

The Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award and the Heisman Trophy are both named after Georgia Tech head coaches.

Georgia Tech has been featured in movies such as "The Program" and "Rudy."

So yeah... you've probably heard of Georgia Tech at one time or another

jhg

Georgia Tech Fan
Temple fan apparently waisted little time trolling our board... lol
The game hasn't even been scheduled yet. I'll play though. How about...

Temple
Conference Titles 2
National Titles 0
Bowl Appearances 5
All Americans 3

Georgia Tech
Conference Titles 15
National Titles 4
Bowl Appearances 44
All Americans 21

The Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award and the Heisman Trophy are both named after Georgia Tech head coaches.

Georgia Tech has been featured in movies such as "The Program" and "Rudy."

So yeah... you've probably heard of Georgia Tech at one time or another

I guess 'know about' is a vague, but obviously I have heard of GT. We were in Unbreakable, which was pretty cool.