Temple Post Game

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
What happened on the play b4 the TO fumble-six that the coach was upset about? I didn’t get the privilege of seeing the game.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
All I have to say is if we are really this bad talent wise Paul Johnson is the best coach in the history of sports. Winning all those games with FCS players
I think we're talent rich at certain areas (particularly DB) and we lack the proper personnel at others (particularly OL). Note I'm not saying the OL are not talented, I'm saying they were recruited because their skillsets fit a certain system that may not apply easily to others. Looking at 247 you can see that Cooper, Hansen, Minihan, the Morgan Twins, Maye, Jump, and Clark didn't have any other P5 offers outside of GT. Jahaziel Lee was once committed to LSU (on defense, I think), but on 247 it doesn't list him as having any other P5 offers as well. Zach Quinney had 4 other P5 offers, Austin Smith had 10, and transfer Jack DeFoor had 11. That's everyone we have on scholarship that Johnson and Sewak recruited. Walk-on William Lay mentioned in an AJC article that he received recruiting interest from two schools, an NAIA school and GT, and he played 55 snaps against USF. I think we're asking for too much out of this group. GT in 2015 showed that even the best offensive minds can be stifled by an offensive line that cannot execute, and it typically only takes one weak link to blow up a play.

white coffey

Georgia Tech Fan
You can’t scheme around a bad OL

What has this coaching staff done to help the O-line?

* continue to change QBs during games and even in the middle of drives. Each QB has a different style and cadence. Does that “help” the O-line?

* move into a shotgun and give the defense 6 yards. Does that help the O-line?

* continue to move linemen to different positions on the line. Does that help the O-line?

* continue to call deep go routes that take too long to develop. Does that help the O-line?

* failing to develop the LEADER on offense to give the team direction. Does that help the O-line?

* failing to develop a coherent offensive identity or scheme. Does that “help” the O-line??

If the O-line is our one big problem, what exactly have the coaches done to help them?? I’m so sick of people criticizing the O-line when our QBs are fumbling, bumbling, stumbling around and throwing like girls and our receivers are dropping balls. There is enough blame to go around, and the coaches have to take their FULL SHARE.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
Buffalo just lost badly to a MAC team 34-20. The Citadel gave up over 60 points to Samford. I still support Coach Collins, not that it matters, but resting on future recruiting hopes is not a way forward when you are being beaten like this. It is only going to get worse unless drastic changes are made across the board. It is telling that we looked this bad following a bye week. Blaming a lack of talent does not excuse this performance. We looked poorly coached which is not going to attract the level of recruits needed to overcome mediocre coaching.

I did not see a poorly coached undisciplined team today.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think there was ever any doubt that we would be better this year running the 3O. This is a play for the future and I have to say I’m a little surprised how many people are clamoring for a shot at 6 wins.

This year is showing what a genius CPJ was. He was a flat brilliant coach. Unfortunately it is also showing the talent discrepancy he was having to work with.
THIS!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Of the last 5 FBS coaches to return to play against their former team in their first year, CGC is the only one not to win.

I think I heard during the game that 1987 FSU was the last team to hold GT to fewer than 3 pts. 1987 FSU was a better team than 2019 Temple.
I’m not sure this stat will last very long

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Anyone ever buy a car cause people told you at was great and after a period of time you regretted getting it ? Well that is how I'm starting to feel about CGC . can he recruit better , time will tell but he is not showing that he can coach players up. after the game he said we moved the ball really well at times. ( what about the other times ) . then he said we played really, really hard against what I think is one of best front sevens in football. ( if 24-2 is playing really, really hard I would hate to see when we don't ) ( And that was the best front seven in football , he may want to go back and watch the Clemson game and look at some film of the teams we still have to play) .

At the start of the season the only coach I had doubts about was our offensive coordinator , those doubts have been removed the man is over his head. Now I'm starting to have my doubts about CGC , and we have seven years before this car is paid off. He believes in constructing positive attitude which don't seem to be working. He is a players coach which I'm not sure will work at Tech.

This is my 38th year of season tickets and this looks worse than 1981 and 1994 . CGC how about trying to coach the players we have up and stop being a used car salesman and stop with this is the biggest rebuild anyone has done, we knew it would not be pretty this year.These players are not a 1-11 team unless you make them. Show us some improvement cause I'm not see it.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Anyone ever buy a car cause people told you at was great and after a period of time you regretted getting it ? Well that is how I'm starting to feel about CGC . can he recruit better , time will tell but he is not showing that he can coach players up. after the game he said we moved the ball really well at times. ( what about the other times ) . then he said we played really, really hard against what I think is one of best front sevens in football. ( if 24-2 is playing really, really hard I would hate to see when we don't ) ( And that was the best front seven in football , he may want to go back and watch the Clemson game and look at some film of the teams we still have to play) .

At the start of the season the only coach I had doubts about was our offensive coordinator , those doubts have been removed the man is over his head. Now I'm starting to have my doubts about CGC , and we have seven years before this car is paid off. He believes in constructing positive attitude which don't seem to be working. He is a players coach which I'm not sure will work at Tech.

This is my 38th year of season tickets and this looks worse than 1981 and 1994 . CGC how about trying to coach the players we have up and stop being a used car salesman and stop with this is the biggest rebuild anyone has done, we knew it would not be pretty this year.These players are not a 1-11 team unless you make them. Show us some improvement cause I'm not see it.

I'm actually impressed with our defense. I think we have developed some guys over there in a short amount of time but I knew after watching Clemson our oc was way over is head. Even if you are playing a far better team the play calling was atrocious especially after an off season of running their mouths. Honestly what type of players on offense do we need to beat citadel and temple

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
That press conference suggests (1) he has zero urgency to win this year; (2) he would weirdly like the media to give him some credit for Temple beating GT; and (3) that he incorrectly thinks this is a transformation that has not occurred in FBS football for decades. Geoff, a team in the State went through this five years ago during their first year in FBS, and they went 9-3 (8-0).
Yep. The argument maybe holds some weight when you’re losing to your conference opponents, but not when you drop back-to-back games to Citadel and Temple.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
Temple is a good team. I see people underestimated them.

People want old ornery, throwing kids under the bus, mean spirited press conferences.

I saw a better offense yesterday. I saw the ball move up the field to the red zone numerous times. The team didn’t convert on 3rd down nor did they punch it in at the red zone, but progress was mad. It’s gonna be a tough year. I never thought it wouldn’t be, but to otherwise is just insincere. I saw progress.