Temple Post Game

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Some of y'all that want to give up, go ahead. Don't want to see you in a few years when it gets good.

I'vee spoken my mind about P-node, but I believe in CGC. What we've seen so far has been abysmal, but the guy will turn it around. First order of business is to find a legitimate O line and QB. Graham could be the QB. I know there will be negativity, even some from me, but man this will be a long season, so let's sit back with no expectations and just enjoy the little things this season. Support the players, BE AT THE GAMES. Fan support can literally determine if we bounce back or not.

You do realize that CGC hand picked Pnoob right? :D

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
“I thought we moved the ball really well at times,” Collins said. “I thought we played really, really hard against, I think, one of the best front sevens in all of college football.

“There’s irony in this, and I get it, but all we can do is focus on what we can do to get better, take the positives from that game, of which there were a lot, and understand that that is really good football team and a really good roster that we just played and we went toe-to-toe with them in week four of a transformation.”

These are post game quotes from CGC. The level of spin here rivals Bill O'Riley.

Btw most of the Temple team we just played were recruited by the guy before CGC.

Thanks for the quotes - saves me some time from listening to that trash. We went toe-to-toe with Temple, hmm no. We got beat by 3 scores by Temple, who will be a middling AAC team (and even if they're good in the AAC that's not saying much).

That front seven isn't even close to the best in all of CFB. They ***might*** be top 30.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Last one

“Turnovers in the red zone were the name of the game, and you cannot do that against a good of a roster that we just played,” Collins said.

Sounds like a desperate shout out to himself. Reassuring people of what he can accomplish. Just sounds weak.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Last one

“Turnovers in the red zone were the name of the game, and you cannot do that against a good of a roster that we just played,” Collins said.

Sounds like a desperate shout out to himself. Reassuring people if what he can accomplish. Just sounds weak.

Exactly. Like Temples roster wouldn't be at the bottom of even the ACC. Hope the context is better than the quote alone.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I have zero head coaching experience which is actually enough to know that we have enough talent to beat FCS teams and at least compete with teams like Temple.
This is the issue. Most people wouldn’t be upset about losing to Carolina or Clemson or UVA. But we had more talent - as in lots more - than the Citadel, and he lost that game. It was the perfect way to get people to think he has no effing clue what he’s doing. Tweeting is easy; coaching is hard. So he tweets.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree with some of this, though not all. I do appreciate the effort though. And FYI - Graham was hurt. That's why they replaced him with Tobias on that drive. You were at the game so may not have been able to tell, but they had people checking him out on the sideline.
Thanks for the clarification on the Graham hand injury. I'm so scarred by these QB rotations that I just assumed they were subbing him out and didn't think to look for him on the sideline.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Can’t read all 12 pages all though there were some good points made in the first couple.

@Ibeeballin Ballin made a good point. @TheTechGuy killed. :LOL:(y)

24-2 vs an average Temple team...on top of the rest of our bad this year is painful. Worst start in program history?

Having said that I think there was some good and bad both were a tad surprising where they came from.

OL still struggling bad of course. No surprise there and makes everything else tough on O.

WRs had another solid day making tough catches. We have some tools to use there.

Never got our running backs going.

I think both QBs can and did make plays and I think we can win with both JG and TO. Both turned the ball over. And those turnovers hurt. I was a lot happier in how the QBs were rotated today. And I thought Pnoob actually called a pretty good game outside of a couple calls at the end of the game. Execution and turnovers killed what could otherwise have been a productive day on O. Most will probably disagree but I saw improvement in Pnoob today.

The D kept us in the game. But we needed more against a very average, at best, Temple offense.

CGC should have known all of f our opponents strengths and weaknesses. And coming off a bye I expected much better overall than what we saw. Still think we can win some games but I’m losing faith in our staff at this point.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I’m glad CDP took the fans advice, played to our “strengths” lol. There was a reason TO was being shuttled in and out. Defense solid today, but must be great. Both TDs were dilute Campbell not staying outside.
We are talented but it is not in the right places. Defoors & Southers show why they had to move of from their previous programs and i thought Kenny Cooper was going to get TO killed.

give James the reigns and let him work

Having no FG kicker is killing us

Nice dumping on TO. Yes his fumbles hurt us. That is to a large degree correctable with just a little more ball security focus. He made plays all over the field.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I think the issue that bugs me the most right now is that we aren't seeing any real improvement on offense, just when you think we move the ball well we blow it . I would think after a bye we would have that fixed, we didn't score a single touch down or even field goal today and that says a lot.

The defense has been doing about as good as they can for the amount of time they spend on the field.

I know this season is going to be bad, but I was hoping to see week over week improvement not regression

If we can't run a pro style offense then we just need to stick to what we are built for and just run the ball

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. Like Temples roster wouldn't be at the bottom of even the ACC. Hope the context is better than the quote alone.
Unfortunately I think he's trying to imply that he had better talent at Temple. If I was playing for him, I wouldn't take too kindly to my coach saying that during a presser.

He need stop harping on the "biggest rebuild ever" crap. We aren't Rice or UTEP or New Mexico State. We obviously had enough talent to win an average of 7 games the last three years. This is about coaching, plain and simple. We hired a cheerleader not a football coach. Other coaches (Paul Johnson, Willie Fritz, Mike Leach) have take over programs that played completely different offensive schemes and competed immediately. Didnt like the hire when it happened and he has done nothing to change my mind. And I dont care what transition you are making you NEVER, EVER lost to a FCS school. PERIOD

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Nice dumping on TO. Yes his fumbles hurt us. That is to a large degree correctable with just a little more ball security focus. He made plays all over the field.

it’s not dumping. It’s the truth. He’s limited and lot of his plays not the in the framework of the offense. Sometimes that’s great other times not so great. Iiwii

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think the issue that bugs me the most right now is that we aren't seeing any real improvement on offense, just when you think we move the ball well we blow it . I would think after a bye we would have that fixed, we didn't score a single touch down or even field goal today and that says a lot.

The defense has been doing about as good as they can for the amount of time they spend on the field.

I know this season is going to be bad, but I was hoping to see week over week improvement not regression

If we can't run a pro style offense then we just need to stick to what we are built for and just run the ball

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

We actually did ok with time of possession. D wasn’t left on the field all game long.