Temple Post Game

KCJackets

Jolly Good Fellow
He has the talent to win but needs a scheme and coaching to get him in a position to succeed.

I'm sorry, but what in what scheme, other than QB keepers against terribly inept defenses, does TO have the talent to win?

TO is a very good athlete, tough, plays with great effort, but he is not an FBS QB. His easiest pass of the day was a little swing pass to the RB that would have easily picked up a big 1st down but was terribly inaccurate. That's an easy throw you have to complete.

He also has a very long throwing motion. This allows the DL to get there hands up and bat passes down as we saw a couple of times.

We tried running the ball a lot early in the game but the blocking was terrible and we couldn't get anything going. Defenses will continue to stack the box while he is in and shut down the run and make us try to pass. Odds are we won't be successful.

I do prefer him to LJ though. With as bad as our OL is, I'll take TO because he is better at running for his life.

I'd like to hear what others suggest we run because it seems like we've tried just about everything. The coaching hasn't been great, the players haven't quite caught on yet, and some are bad fits for what we're trying to do.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm sorry, but what in what scheme, other than QB keepers against terribly inept defenses, does TO have the talent to win?

TO is a very good athlete, tough, plays with great effort, but he is not an FBS QB. His easiest pass of the day was a little swing pass to the RB that would have easily picked up a big 1st down but was terribly inaccurate. That's an easy throw you have to complete.

He also has a very long throwing motion. This allows the DL to get there hands up and bat passes down as we saw a couple of times.

We tried running the ball a lot early in the game but the blocking was terrible and we couldn't get anything going. Defenses will continue to stack the box while he is in and shut down the run and make us try to pass. Odds are we won't be successful.

I do prefer him to LJ though. With as bad as our OL is, I'll take TO because he is better at running for his life.

I'd like to hear what others suggest we run because it seems like we've tried just about everything. The coaching hasn't been great, the players haven't quite caught on yet, and some are bad fits for what we're trying to do.

Let JG start a couple games and you will be hating on him and screaming for Yates.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
I hear we are going to petition the ncaa to make opposing dlines count to 10 Mississippi before rushing. This should help

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I have a feeling we aren't done being embarrassed, this year. CGC will and should be fired as soon as the school can afford it. Terrible.
Just about every big rebuild has the potential of being embarrassed one or two seasons unfortunately, Collins has one to two more seasons really to get his full recruiting class in place for his system

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Animal02

Banned
Just about every big rebuild has the potential of being embarrassed one or two seasons unfortunately, Collins has one to two more seasons really to get his full recruiting class in place for his system

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
This wasn't a rebuild......this was a choice. TStan and Collins are as much to blame for this disaster.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
We hired a cheerleader not a football coach. Other coaches (Paul Johnson, Willie Fritz, Mike Leach) have take over programs that played completely different offensive schemes and competed immediately.

To be fair, and there is no bigger PJ fan than me, he was 2-10 his first year at Navy. After that, though...
He had to make some attitude adjustments in the locker room when he got there.
He took over a pretty talented Ga Southern team and took them from 4 wins the previous year to the second round of the playoffs in his first year, all while redshirting the all time career rushing leader in D1 history.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
To be fair, and there is no bigger PJ fan than me, he was 2-10 his first year at Navy. After that, though...
He had to make some attitude adjustments in the locker room when he got there.
He took over a pretty talented Ga Southern team and took them from 4 wins the previous year to the second round of the playoffs in his first year, all while redshirting the all time career rushing leader in D1 history.
Navy was 0-10 the year before Paul got there.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
This wasn't a rebuild......this was a choice. TStan and Collins are as much to blame for this disaster.
It’s defensible if we go 11-2 in two years (and maintain that level of success; no one will say jack if that happens). The problem is that we’d be expecting to go 11-2 with a coach who got beat at home by the Citadel. It just seems . . . unlikely.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
He need stop harping on the "biggest rebuild ever" crap. We aren't Rice or UTEP or New Mexico State. We obviously had enough talent to win an average of 7 games the last three years. This is about coaching, plain and simple. We hired a cheerleader not a football coach. Other coaches (Paul Johnson, Willie Fritz, Mike Leach) have take over programs that played completely different offensive schemes and competed immediately. Didnt like the hire when it happened and he has done nothing to change my mind. And I dont care what transition you are making you NEVER, EVER lost to a FCS school. PERIOD

Leach was 3-9, 6-7, 3-9 his first three years at WSU. Also, your handle is funny, as GOL pushed hard for Collins to get this job.

Leach was 3-9, 6-7, 3-9 his first three years at WSU. Also, your handle is funny, as GOL pushed hard for Collins to get this job.
And he was 7-6, 7-5, and 9-5 in his first three years at Texas Tech.
So what if O'leary pushed him for the job, doesnt mean he will be O'Leary.
Never remember hearing O'Leary whining about "transition".

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
One thing in defensive play bothered me in the game. When the mutts played Boise State in the kickoff game, I criticized a mutt player for jumping up and down and beating his chest when he made a good open field tackle after a 15-20 yard first down run. In this game, Curry jumped up, put his chest out, and screamed after he tackled a guy. That guy had just run 5 or 6 yards on first down. I wish he had used his energy to scream at his teammates for allowing 6 yards on first down instead of being excited that he made the tackle.