Temple Post Game

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Agreed. If he called a timeout there he could have challenged the call. He didnt. To me that was as silly as some of his awful bailout timeouts because he is afraid we cant see the playclock. 3 games. 3 times.

I must’ve missed the Brown catch and he some bad timeouts but bailing the offense out by not getting delay of game penalty ain’t one of them

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I've also only seen like one time a coach call a timeout to give him more time to lobby for a challenge.

If anything, you tell your punt team to stand out there til there's 1 second left on the play clock and then punt it away. It did seem like they were rushed to get the punt off when they should have taken their time more and seen if the booth called down.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I did not see a poorly coached undisciplined team today.
I had to leave shortly after the TO fumble & will not watch the game until later today but that is what I saw as well.

I don’t like losing when we’re not prepared, I despise not being prepared against weaklings and then getting whipped. Approaching my 5th decade of GT football and am accustomed to being outmanned, so my expectation is the coaches at GT need to coach their guys up.

In limited viewing:
A. We seemed prepared to play albeit against a weak opponent.
B. We were not getting whipped except from what I can tell that 2 drive sequence I was listening on the radio where they scored back to back TDs. The D seemed to be positioned well.
C. I see little evidence of good coaching on offense, particularly on the OL where coaching was expected to be an area of coaching strength. I know people are high on Key, but how hard is it to coach up a bunch of nearly NFL ready guys and you’ve got a stack of them sitting on the bench as replacements in case someone gets hurt/ underperforms?
D. I do not like what we’re doing with QBs. I was following you guys yapping between TO & JG. I think both would do better with being coronated as they guy we’re going with. QB platooning needs to stop. If we’re going to be a throwing team and JG can throw a lot better, put him in. If we’re going to transition and in so doing be more run heavy, put TO in. If down the road LJ is an option, please give him more practice reps before he sees the field so he’s comfortable in the gun.

I don’t like the results but I’ll see what I see against UNC. Hopefully I’ll see 2 games in a row where we come out as an improved team. Hard not to one up the Citadel game, but there’s no rewriting history on that. This will continue to be brought up for several more years & Coach is going to have to deal with what he did on that.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I must’ve missed the Brown catch and he some bad timeouts but bailing the offense out by not getting delay of game penalty ain’t one of them

To me it is. In every case. They did the snap on time. So he is not trusting them. In one case it cost us a 1st down. In another it cost us the game. And yesterday was the same blunder in the first half. You dont take delay of game timeouts in the first half. Especially when he got the snap off on top of it

My coaches always let the penalty to happen unless it was obvious the snap would never get off (playcall issue, alignments etc). Players need accountability and you need to trust them.

Collins is not doing a good job at all in the timeout or game mgt department. Lets just reference the last 23 seconds of citadel. This argument to me is no defensible.

Animal02

Banned
It’s defensible if we go 11-2 in two years (and maintain that level of success; no one will say jack if that happens). The problem is that we’d be expecting to go 11-2 with a coach who got beat at home by the Citadel. It just seems . . . unlikely.
I don't think it is defensible to go 1-11 and 2-10 to get to 11-2. 4-8, 5-7, yes.....barely. It is not fair to the players that in their last two years. This is not the pros where you can tell guys suck it up, in three years we will win it all. These players will be gone at not a part of any future possible success.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Ok you like losing I get it. Yes I like CPJ but thought it was time for him to go. Just tell me what you see so far in this coaching staff? Listen to the post game interview And tell me he is not a salesman. Yes it can work but not without good coordinators which we have no money to get.

stech, you have been a long and loyal and usually reasonable fan/supporter/poster. At the end of the day, I look at the OL,DL,QB's and LB's that are out there and wonder what the Bama or Clemson staff could do with the material? Perhaps beaten Citadel. I get it that that was a terrible loss but it doesn't really change the complexion of the season. Look at Coach Key....he had some really good, NC caliber lines at his last job. Did he forget what he knew once he got back to ATL?

Over the years you have been reasonable but imo alot of your issues with the guy appear to be superficial..i.e. I don't like the guy because of the way he talks or whatever. Just my $.02.

bos

Helluva Engineer
I like Collins and I think the transition will just take time. However, he's just too damn nice on game days. I see he's a players coach but I want him a little riled up when things don't go right. We all remember CPJ being so pissed at refs his double chin would would have a double chin. I want a little bit of that out of Collins.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The Temple coach said in the tv post game interview that he wanted to establish a ground game against us. He probably realized that he had a distinct advantage against our DL and our secondary is the strength of our D.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
stech, you have been a long and loyal and usually reasonable fan/supporter/poster. At the end of the day, I look at the OL,DL,QB's and LB's that are out there and wonder what the Bama or Clemson staff could do with the material? Perhaps beaten Citadel. I get it that that was a terrible loss but it doesn't really change the complexion of the season. Look at Coach Key....he had some really good, NC caliber lines at his last job. Did he forget what he knew once he got back to ATL?

Over the years you have been reasonable but imo alot of your issues with the guy appear to be superficial..i.e. I don't like the guy because of the way he talks or whatever. Just my $.02.
Thanks we go back to the old Hive days . I trust Coach Key and I understand we have problems at the OL DL and LB's. I just hate to lose like most. The real only problem I have with this staff is the OC. I will still be at all the games . I guess what didn't help was CGC post game interview stop telling me that this is the biggest rebuild we know that . I'm fine with the defense but not the offense. Don't understand the play calling. I'm sure by Tuesday I'll feel like we can beat UNC

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I did not see a poorly coached undisciplined team today.

You did not watch the same game I did. Playing like that against a G-5 team especially following a bye week after losing to the Citadel is inexcusable. The coaches have to be accountable and start coaching better. Likewise the players are going to have to decide if they are going to play ball and get better. We moved the football at times and take away the turnovers in the end zone and the scoop and score the case can be made we looked much better on offense. But there are no style points for gaining 300 plus yards and being outscored by your own defense. I suppose the dance moves have improved on the sidelines but I did not check.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Curious if people gave Bill Lewis the same benefit of the doubt. I don’t see anything showing CGC being any better.

Much too early to make those kinds of comparisons but Coach Collins has the support of the players who seem to genuinely like him and his staff. Poor Bill Lewis was targeted almost from the start. Coach Collins and his players can still turn this thing around but they best get to it with UNC coming up. Strange that the much maligned old fogey at Chapel Hill does not seem to be having a lot of transition problems.

While I certainly enjoyed the CPJ years, it is hard to win when you have 3 turnovers. Tobias eased up heading in to the end zone and I was yelling run faster. That was 7 lost. We were moving the ball when he fumbled at the 30 and that was a 14 point swing. If we score there and maybe run the ball instead of throwing to the end zone with Graham, he had a wide open lane to run........We win 21-17....or 23-17. This board would look a lot different.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I've also only seen like one time a coach call a timeout to give him more time to lobby for a challenge.

If anything, you tell your punt team to stand out there til there's 1 second left on the play clock and then punt it away. It did seem like they were rushed to get the punt off when they should have taken their time more and seen if the booth called down.

went and watched we waited until 6 secs to punt. We were waiting for the review

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Temple is a good team. I see people underestimated them.

People want old ornery, throwing kids under the bus, mean spirited press conferences.

I saw a better offense yesterday. I saw the ball move up the field to the red zone numerous times. The team didn’t convert on 3rd down nor did they punch it in at the red zone, but progress was mad. It’s gonna be a tough year. I never thought it wouldn’t be, but to otherwise is just insincere. I saw progress.

Temple is a mediocre team. I see people trying to inflate them today.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Temple is mediocre at best... they just got their *** kicked by Buffalo the week before and barely beat a Maryland team that has completely fallen apart.