Tell me this isn't true - Byerly injury

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
AJC reporting TB left the building walking with crutches and leg in a sleeve. Unless CPJ is playing a long con...not good.

I hope this isn't a harbinger of injuries to key guys we avoided last season. Gotta think Mattew Jordan moves back to QB and starts taking more snaps at #2. MJ didn't move to AB 'cause they thought he couldn't play QB, he moved because they wanted his athelticism on the field because JeT and Byerly were in the way. Well, Byerly looks to be out for a bit, so MJ slides back into the more important position. Christian Campbell moves up to "varsity" and plays only in an emergency basis to preserve the redshirt.

That's exactly why MJ moved to A back. He is still the 3rd string QB as of now, just moved to A back to get him on the field.

Hate that for TB.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
Really wish we had gotten MJ some snaps at QB in the Alcorn game now. I know there were some questions as to why we didn't.

Also, what about Chase Martenson? I know he was out for the Alcorn game but he may be able to come back and be a serviceable 2nd stringer for the Tulane game.

Either way I imagine that for this week at least MJ will be practicing and playing some QB if the game gets in hand.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Assuming no injury to Tim by game 7 we we would be wanting to get Jordan some of the playing time. This injury definitely accelerates that process in that we will HAVE to get touches for Jordan as soon as possible.
Asuming tim is back by game 7 & Ideally jordan is further along we could be really ready for a short blip at qb during final part of season.
Sure hope its minor as tim is a key guy and has helped gt football by being team player.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
His roommate verified he was on crutches at home last night.

Hopefully just a sprain. We'll find out more when we we do.

If he's out for the season it sucks for Tim (at GT football) but i'm confident that the sun will still rise tomorrow, just like it did this morning.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
He's still listed as the number two QB in the depth chart released today. Hopefully that means good things.

jackette

Jolly Good Fellow
AJC reporting TB left the building walking with crutches and leg in a sleeve. Unless CPJ is playing a long con...not good.

I hope this isn't a harbinger of injuries to key guys we avoided last season. Gotta think Mattew Jordan moves back to QB and starts taking more snaps at #2. MJ didn't move to AB 'cause they thought he couldn't play QB, he moved because they wanted his athelticism on the field because JeT and Byerly were in the way. Well, Byerly looks to be out for a bit, so MJ slides back into the more important position. Christian Campbell moves up to "varsity" and plays only in an emergency basis to preserve the redshirt.
just think if we had 4 star Jaylend Ratliffe here and he never had
a severe injury that would have been your man

Last edited by a moderator:

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
From everything I have read, TB won't be back this year. Been there had Kids there and I can feel it in my bones. For him it is devistating right now- he feels empty and alone. His team will pick him up and - he and family will decide on applying for a medical redshirt. Us, we will discuss and debate on how our QB rotation should develop.
I propose we give a moment of silence to pray I am wrong and big boy is pulling the ball and crushing from 3 yards out into the end zone on Saturday.