Tell me this isn't true - Byerly injury

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw, we have Christian running the Scout team while Vad and Justin both took snaps with Varsity during their RS years.

I expect MJ to move back first, but I've been wrong before.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Any idea about the severity of the injury?

AJC reporting TB left the building walking with crutches and leg in a sleeve. Unless CPJ is playing a long con...not good.

I hope this isn't a harbinger of injuries to key guys we avoided last season. Gotta think Mattew Jordan moves back to QB and starts taking more snaps at #2. MJ didn't move to AB 'cause they thought he couldn't play QB, he moved because they wanted his athelticism on the field because JeT and Byerly were in the way. Well, Byerly looks to be out for a bit, so MJ slides back into the more important position. Christian Campbell moves up to "varsity" and plays only in an emergency basis to preserve the redshirt.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Definitely bad news. Hope the injury is minor...or at least not season ending. If so a medical might work for him. If so, next man up. Get ready.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I hope TB comes back soon. If he is on crutches it is serious. The sleeve I feel is irrelevant. CC could possibly move up as he seems to be very talented. I hope it is just a strain but it being a knee injury it is not looking good for the rest of the season.

Get well soon Timmy, you represent GT in everything it stands for!

thwgjacket

From the personal experience I've had with ACL tears guys weren't on crutches with a sleeve on their knee right after. It was more like get him in the golf cart/gator and have one of the coaches drive him home. But things may have changed with how they treat it. If it is an ACL then I hate it for him but I guess it's good in that he could apply for a medical RS if he so desires.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure this is all bad. Tim was a good insurance policy and he allowed CPJ to move Jordan to AB and redshirt Christian Campbell. Tim was only going to play during mop up and goal line situations unless JT gets hurt. If JT gets hurt we are not going to be spectacular no matter who you put in there, even though Tim gives us a fighting chance.

Hopefully Tim can come back and play but if he does not, we are forced to fast track the development of Jordan and or Campbell. That will make them better players faster than being a substitute A back and a scout team QB. That will pay dividends down the road. So you can look at this one as the glass half full or half empty. I think it can turn out good for us.

Go Jackets!

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not sure this is all bad. Tim was a good insurance policy and he allowed CPJ to move Jordan to AB and redshirt Christian Campbell. Tim was only going to play during mop up and goal line situations unless JT gets hurt. If JT gets hurt we are not going to be spectacular no matter who you put in there, even though Tim gives us a fighting chance.

Hopefully Tim can come back and play but if he does not, we are forced to fast track the development of Jordan and or Campbell. That will make them better players faster than being a substitute A back and a scout team QB. That will pay dividends down the road. So you can look at this one as the glass half full or half empty. I think it can turn out good for us.

Go Jackets!

It would have been almost a blessing if JT was a senior because the only way Byerly could get another year would be if he got injured. However, if he indeed returns next year he will still be the backup so no different than this year.

Im the type of person to look at the positives like you seem to be. However, I'm also thinking that this is "the year" to cash in on our current roster because I think our DTs will be more impactful this year than our 2016 second year offensive skill positions. So this is more of a bummer for me. But I certainly appreciate the optimism. Let's just hope JT stays healthy

JEMJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I really really hope TB is okay. However if he is not, I may be one of the few people that would like to see Christian step into the backup roll. I hate losing a RS, but I'd rather see what he can do with the offense in a backup capacity.

To be fair, if we lost JT, I don't think it would matter who the backup is, it would cost us our season potential without a doubt.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
To be fair, if we lost JT, I don't think it would matter who the backup is, it would cost us our season potential without a doubt.

I strongly disagree with this. No doubt JT is elite. But you can win games with TB. i think he could be a Godsey for us with enough playing time. It would require everyone else stepping up, especially the D. as they say, this is just my opinion however.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Will christian Campbell's RS be lifted?

His RS is only lifted if he plays. You don't pre-declare a RS etc. Its simply a matter of course as the season wears on. Coach will try to keep him off the field and if he doesn't take a snap we will declare him a RS at years end.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
No worries. Apparently NDame found some rando from the student body who could adequately replicate our O in their prep for the GT game so we'll be all right.

Seriously though, I'm with the crowd that says let's just wait and see what the real deal is or isn't.

Right now I'm just rooting/hoping/praying for the best.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Hope Td is ok, on side note Pitt lost Conner for the year due to mcl. Not good, he was key player for them

Declinometer

Banned
I really really hope TB is okay. However if he is not, I may be one of the few people that would like to see Christian step into the backup roll. I hate losing a RS, but I'd rather see what he can do with the offense in a backup capacity.

People must realize that you don't step in as a freshman and run this offense! Even JT couldn't do it and he is a very good one.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
No worries. Apparently NDame found some rando from the student body who could adequately replicate our O in their prep for the GT game so we'll be all right.

Seriously though, I'm with the crowd that says let's just wait and see what the real deal is or isn't.

Right now I'm just rooting/hoping/praying for the best.
This. There's plenty of time for all the rest. For now, it's just speculation.