Tell me this isn't true - Byerly injury

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I hope this isn't a severe injury. Tim is a great QB. He never looks like he's doing much, true, but when you look at the stats you see something different. I don't think we would suffer much at all with him in instead of JT, but now all that is changed.

Well, let's wait for the real news and see.

Carober18

Georgia Tech Fan
Some of the comments in reaction to this are incensing. Some of you should be ashamed. I come to this board to avoid the selfish, look-at-me nonsense I see on other boards, and I see a reaction that literally says "this is not all bad." Are you effing kidding me. This is a human, who probably played football since he was 5, who transferred here, has represented the school as well as anyone, would have started but for JT and you are saying " this is not all bad". They should have charged you $500 to park, my god. And for the rest of you, are you serious? Take a step back, folks.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
daaaang, well.....this sucks. Tim is the best backup QB in the nation besides JT Barrett. Hopefully he will just be out a week. So, can we sign Tim Tebow?

wishbone

Georgia Tech Fan
No offense but TB is not integral to our success this year. JeT staying healthy is integral to our success no matter who the backup is.
Strongly disagree.
TB is totally part of our plan for success this year. He's why JT can sit for 3 quarters and not get hurt in trash time. TB is there when JT has problems with teams -remember Duke?
We have a very hard schedule. TB hurt, is our security blanket snatched away. Who ya got as number two?

4NatlChmps

Jolly Good Fellow
Some of the comments in reaction to this are incensing. Some of you should be ashamed. I come to this board to avoid the selfish, look-at-me nonsense I see on other boards, and I see a reaction that literally says "this is not all bad." Are you effing kidding me. This is a human, who probably played football since he was 5, who transferred here, has represented the school as well as anyone, would have started but for JT and you are saying " this is not all bad". They should have charged you $500 to park, my god. And for the rest of you, are you serious? Take a step back, folks.
Ha ha ha - that $500 comment was funny. I just hope he's back for Duke so I can watch him truck some more of their candy a$$ defenders. He owned them and almost brought us back single handedly

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
What about Taquon as an option? His redshirt already lifted. He probably can't run the option at this point in time but he is a gifted athlete for sure. Or just hope Timmy is ok.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't sell Byerly's importance to our season and our program short. I can't believe some of the stuff I am hearing. It is rare that a season goes by where a #2 isn't needed at some point.
This is untrue for most if not all teams in college football. With the key word being needed. I do fear other team targeting JT a little more now. Not that they wouldn't already. This injury does give cause for worry, but the worry will only be realized if other events happen around it. Take by itself it's not horrible for the team (obviously it's bad for the player and the teams psyche)

Get well soon Mr. Byerly.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Do you think OSU targeted the VT QB? Or was it just hard nosed football? Things happen in a game and in practice. You just have to move on and do the best you can with the next guy in line.

Go Jackets!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
20150908_074857.jpg
@Jerry the Jacket
He was IN the building...sat next to us :))

Has a side job of shoeing horses lol

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Do you think OSU targeted the VT QB? Or was it just hard nosed football? Things happen in a game and in practice. You just have to move on and do the best you can with the next guy in line.

Go Jackets!
No! Hard nose football. By the QB as well as the D. QB showed courage and stayed in pocket to throw while being run down by a 300 pound lineman. That is football and the perils of throwing 60 % of the time. That is the type of defense you want. If you can't sack, be in the QB face as he throws and hit him, so it is not roughing but he gets the message. Do this during a game even if first completions are successful he will not be later in the game.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Man I hate that for Tim. He's a great player and seems like a great guy. I hope he gets better soon and I hope we don't need him until he gets back. He is very important to us despite what others say. Now Justin has to play every snap of every game, which is a lot to put on someone. He gets no breathers for the rest of the year as long as Tim is out. We have one game next week that we should win handily, but the rest of the games are against big boy opponents. That means Justin plays every snap, because we aren't putting in anyone else even if we're up 3 scores, because we won't risk losing the football and changing the game.

Lurkerjack

Georgia Tech Fan

Well said. I was about to post something similar. I like this board because it doesn't (well, didn't anyway) have any of the idiocy of the other sites.

How in the world can someone think this is a blessing in disguise or not all bad? Head shaker. The posters in question should be ashamed. Hell, I am ashamed these sentiments were on a gt board.

Ps, love the $500 parking dig - I almost responded to that post as well.