Tell me this isn't true - Byerly injury

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
From everything I have read, TB won't be back this year. Been there had Kids there and I can feel it in my bones. For him it is devistating right now- he feels empty and alone. His team will pick him up and - he and family will decide on applying for a medical redshirt. Us, we will discuss and debate on how our QB rotation should develop.
I propose we give a moment of silence to pray I am wrong and big boy is pulling the ball and crushing from 3 yards out into the end zone on Saturday.

I didn't even consider a medical redshirt but he would qualify. I truly hope he's healthy as he would be a huge loss, but having him next year would be great. I feel like next year is our year to run the table.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
[I'm pretty OTE="FatPat, post: 174309, member: 1529"]From everything I have read, TB won't be back this year. Been there had Kids there and I can feel it in my bones. For him it is devistating right now- he feels empty and alone. His team will pick him up and - he and family will decide on applying for a medical redshirt. Us, we will discuss and debate on how our QB rotation should develop.
I propose we give a moment of silence to pray I am wrong and big boy is pulling the ball and crushing from 3 yards out into the end zone on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty good at scouring the internet for news and I haven't read anything to indicate the severity of his injury.

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
Gridiron you have to read between the lines- I know your pretty good at cruising the internet but ACL's arnt on those web sites- (just kidding, I couldn't resist). My point is I "feel for him and his family right now". His team will give him his support, that is what we all love about this team. One Team!

GTMD

Georgia Tech Fan
I am afraid an MRI this early isn't great sign. If he's on crutches it means he can't bear weight and an early mri could be just because he's a GT athlete but more likely he's got something like a ligament tear acl or otherwise.

best case I think would be cartilage damage and even then probably looking at 6 weeks

I hope I'm wrong

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'd love for 24 to be wrong. Was really really hoping he'd only be out a week or two. Wishful thinking I know.

JT is our starter for a reason. But I have always felt very confident TB can keep our O rolling anytime JT goes down. Supreme confidence in him. Now? We will have to hope JT doesn't go down at all. If he misses more than one play in a series we got trouble.

Prayers to TB for a full and speedy recovery. If his season is done I hope he takes a medical.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
FatPat said:
Gridiron you have to read between the lines- I know your pretty good at cruising the internet but ACL's arnt on those web sites- (just kidding, I couldn't resist). My point is I "feel for him and his family right now". His team will give him his support, that is what we all love about this team. One Team!

The kinky ones include as many as 6 or 8 ACLs at once.

Just a little levity to brighten up a sad thread. Get well soon TB.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I have "official" second hand information... Torn ACL.

Best wishes to Tim for a speedy recovery after successful surgery.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I have "official" second hand information... Torn ACL.

Best wishes to Tim for a speedy recovery after successful surgery.

No doubt that is the sentiment of this entire board. It is a tough loss for our team, as I believe TB to be the most capable backup QB in the country (well, maybe that's J.T. Barrett, but still).

We will survive, though. We have increased the talent at the QB position majorly. Even with injuries to TB and CM, and position switches like MJ, we have guys who could step in, or step back in, and move our offense. Our OL is a machine right now, and we have a power back to grind it out, and capable ABs to move the chains. I doubt CPJ will alter his whole approach now, but I feel confident we could take a "second half vs. UGAg/MSU" approach and run power all day if we had to.

It seems like every ACC team was snakebitten with injuries this week. We know this happens. Great teams weather these things and still succeed. I'm sure TB will still provide leadership on the sidelines and do everything he can to get MJ, CC, CM, BS, or whoever else may step in ready for the backup role.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I love Byerly and it really hurts that he won't be the backup. But, I do want to just point out that after Byerly we tend to only see the other QBs playing with 2nd and 3rd tier offensive lines and backs. My point is that if CPJ puts Jordan, Martensen or whomever in but behind the first team offense then we may find out that, while not as polished as Byerly, these guys look a lot better running the offense as backup then we would have imagined.

Teaching to a system.

I love Byerly and it really hurts that he won't be the backup. But, I do want to just point out that after Byerly we tend to only see the other QBs playing with 2nd and 3rd tier offensive lines and backs. My point is that if CPJ puts Jordan, Martensen or whomever in but behind the first team offense then we may find out that, while not as polished as Byerly, these guys look a lot better running the offense as backup then we would have imagined.

Teaching to a system.
I think that's everybody's hope, and it's not a far-fetched one either.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Hate it for Tim! There will be a huge drop off when JT goes out. You can't just plug and play that position. Reminds me of time when JN broke his arm and the other time Jabbo had to come in against Duke (?)!

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Hate it for Tim! There will be a huge drop off when JT goes out. You can't just plug and play that position. Reminds me of time when JN broke his arm and the other time Jabbo had to come in against Duke (?)!
Why does it remind you of this time? Our starting QB is still healthy.