Ted Roof's job

Techster

Helluva Engineer
So many guys are regressing:

Mitchell seemed like a difference maker his true freshmen year. This year, he's taking bad angles, slow to react, and is basically non-existent in space. Did you see him bounce off the backup RB in the 4th QTR trying to tackle high?

AJ Gray is also taking bad angles, has a hard time getting the ball carrier down at first contact. Seems really hesitant.

Keshun Freeman was a freshmen All-American. When was the last time he made a big play in a big game?

Those guys were considered the cornerstone of our defense going into this season and the future. It seemed like they came in with great instincts for the game but the more they're in our system the less they resemble the players they were when they first got here.

IMO, it's more the coaching than the players.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

Mitchell seemed like a difference maker his true freshmen year. This year, he's taking bad angles, slow to react, and is basically non-existent in space. Did you see him bounce off the backup RB in the 4th QTR trying to tackle high?

AJ Gray is also taking bad angles, has a hard time getting the ball carrier down at first contact. Seems really hesitant.

Keshun Freeman was a freshmen All-American. When was the last time he made a big play in a big game?

Those guys were considered the cornerstone of our defense going into this season and the future. It seemed like they came in with great instincts for the game but the more they're in our system the less they resemble the players they were when they first got here.

I agree it's not all the players it's the whole Defensive staff.

Milwaukee

Banned

Keshun hasn't been effective in 2 years, and you're saying it's because Ted Roof made him a worse football player? That's gold.

AJ Gray taking bad angles is because of Ted Roof...wow.

It's a two way street. Roof isn't performing well and neither are the players.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.

100% accurate. Our players look better before they are "coached".

Jmonty71

Banned
Poor scheme. Poor player positioning. Lack of preparation. Lack of aggression. Poor tackling techniques. Now where does that lay? It has to be on Roof. He has the kids on the field, looking all kinds of confused. It almost looks like back yard ball, at times. Heck, even with blitzing, the DL and LB corps are not on the same page. Which is why you see the LB, run into the DLinemen's backs, over and over. No gap control taught. Need I continue?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Keshun hasn't been effective in 2 years, and you're saying it's because Ted Roof made him a worse football player? That's gold.

I'm saying it's the coaching they're getting...or lack thereof. Take it however you want.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

Yes you can coach better angles and you can coach better tackling or you play other people.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

IMO We need to play one of the bigger back up safeties instead of mitchell. we need speed over the middle. Mitchell ends up in wrong side of pile

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Fire him tomorrow.
I'm about to be on this train. When it's 3rd and 6 and your DB is lined up 10 yards off the line of scrimmage on the slot receiver, it's an out and then an easy pitch and catch for the first down. I'm sick of watching it.

We are not aggressive at all and if you don't stop them all game maybe you should try something different.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Remember when Brant Mitchell said at the beginning of the year that he had no idea what he was doing or where to go last year and that he was confident this year because he actually knows where to go now? Makes you wonder what Ted taught him.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Remember when Brant Mitchell said at the beginning of the year that he had no idea what he was doing or where to go last year and that he was confident this year because he actually knows where to go now? Makes you wonder what Ted taught him.

I just laughed. If I didn't laugh, I would cry...I'm just gonna laugh...

Milwaukee

Banned
I'm about to be on this train. When it's 3rd and 6 and your DB is lined up 10 yards off the line of scrimmage on the slot receiver, it's an out and then an easy pitch and catch for the first down. I'm sick of watching it.

We are not aggressive at all and if you don't stop them all game maybe you should try something different.

One more post then I promise I'm leaving this thread lol

But I want to speak on this for a second, and I'd like to know your opinion Buzz, also Monty and 33 (who have really been anti-Roof):

Last week when PJ was asked specifically about why our DB's play 8yds off on a 3rd and 4, or 10yds off on a 3rd and 7 he said, and I quote "That's the players decision themselves, as to what they are comfortable with. They have the autonomy to play closer or back in those situations". I thought that was extremely alarming coming from him. So he's well aware of it, and doesn't force the players to change, or better yet doesn't force Roof to force the players to change.

Thoughts?

I'll hang up and listen.