Ted Roof's job

Jmonty71

Banned
I don't see how anybody thinks Roof is doing a good job. He should be fired today. This is the worst scheme and worst coached defense I have ever seen. On top of that he is the linebacker coach as well. Did any of you see any linebackers on the field today. What a joke. I'll give you a perfect example. In the 3rd quarter they are starting to hit us up the middle on runs. What does our dumb DC do? He takes his 2 LB's and lines them up on the edge leaving the middle wide open. All day long our DB's line up 8 yards off then on the snap retreat another 5-10 yards. This guy is clueless.
100% agree. Roof is not the right person. Never will be. He coaches scared. He calls the plays scared. The players play scared. Lackadaisical teachings, results in lackadaisical play.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I don't see how anybody thinks Roof is doing a good job. He should be fired today. This is the worst scheme and worst coached defense I have ever seen. On top of that he is the linebacker coach as well. Did any of you see any linebackers on the field today. What a joke. I'll give you a perfect example. In the 3rd quarter they are starting to hit us up the middle on runs. What does our dumb DC do? He takes his 2 LB's and lines them up on the edge leaving the middle wide open. All day long our DB's line up 8 yards off then on the snap retreat another 5-10 yards. This guy is clueless.
Are you close to someone on the team? If so what's the word with the guys about our D? Are they mad? Not understanding what's going on, or what?

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey - we got better as the game went along. D gave up 250 yards and 17 points in Q1. Only 400+ and 31 in the other three quarters combined!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I absolutely can not believe CPJ has so much dirt on people that they can not admit what the problem is.

We have hired 4 DCs in a little over 8 years! ROOF IS NOT THE PROBLEM (or the solution, of course)

What is it people do not understand? Is it required now that to get a degree from GT that one can not have an ounce of common sense?

Zombies truly are taking over, especially in the ATL.

The problem / answer is sitting in front of everyone like a dead skunk laying on the 50 yard line at GF.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Roof is trolling cpj. He's got his boy coming in as AD. One more year without a bowl and cpj will be gone, and Roof will move up to head coach.

Jmonty71

Banned
Help is on the way. Recruiting has picked up guys. We are a little undermanned right now but that won't last. Stay calm and don't hit the panic button just yet.
Doesn't matter who you have, when the scheme sucks. Roof is outdated. They need to put that dinosaur out to the pasture.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Yep, but doing what is right (especially for our S/As) is not always a matter of doing what is easy.

Doing right often is not easy, but it is always right.

And firing roof is not the solution to the problem.
Fire PJ and we will hire the football version of Brian Gregory...and that's if we are lucky