Ted Roof's job

It's hard for me to phantom the level of dislike for Ted Roof by these folks. I mean if he was a bulldawg, a wife beater and a child rapist, well yeah. Fortunately, it's just a vocal minority. Their really going to slit their wrists when Ted is named Head Coach at Georgia Tech.

Go Jackets!
I hate to be a spelling nazi, bu this is just too much: "It's hard for me to phantom....". The word you should be using is "fathom," not "phantom." And "Their really going to slit their wrists...." should be "They're really going to slit their wrists....". You are right, though, there would be a lot of wrist-slitting, if Roof were ever named HC at Tech. Fortunately, there is no chance in hell of that ever happening.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I hate to be a spelling nazi, bu this is just too much: "It's hard for me to phantom....". The word you should be using is "fathom," not "phantom." And "Their really going to slit their wrists...." should be "They're really going to slit their wrists....". You are right, though, there would be a lot of wrist-slitting, if Roof were ever named HC at Tech. Fortunately, there is no chance in hell of that ever happening.

"but" not "bu"

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the spelling and grammer lesson. You strike me as a fellow who is right about everything, or at least think that you are. You are wrong about Roof, and he will prove you wrong over time.

Go Jackets!

Jmonty71

Banned
Thanks for the spelling and grammer lesson. You strike me as a fellow who is right about everything, or at least think that you are. You are wrong about Roof, and he will prove you wrong over time.

Go Jackets!
What have you been sniffing? Roof has them playing all wrong. Just watched the replay. As early as the 2:00 mark, I saw an A gap blitz done wrong. The premise and I'll break it down, so you can understand. The main role of the LB or LBs is to slide through an open gap. That didn't happen. Both LBs ran up the back of our own man, meaning one Olinenan blocked 2 people. What was supposed to had happened was the Dlineman push a certain way, to develop a hole. That didn't happen. Where is this lack of coaching NOT Roof's fault? Explain that to me Poindexter. This is just an example of plenty fundamental things that are being done wrong. I do however; like that he FINALLY started the game with a bump and run coverage. So, it's a start.

Jmonty71

Banned
Only thing..... My opinion has been proven right, over 3 years now. It was proven, from day one to now. Roof is not who we need as a DC. His scheme is too outdated. Said it from day one. Ask people that know me. I keep wanting Roof to prove me wrong. However; having one, maybe 2 games out of 12 isn't proof. Which is why I call him "No Proof Roof".

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
The talk of Roof even being a possible replacement for CPJ is just a few people on the interwebs being silly. There is NOTHING on his resume that should warrant him being a HC at GT or any P5 school for that matter. I'm pretty sure Jerry has a soft spot for Roof because he's a "Tech" guy.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Poindexter? Gosh Poindexter the Jacket. I kind of like it. Perhaps Ted can enroll in Jmonty71's how to coach defensive college football course. I'm sure you have a lot more experience and knowledge at coaching than Ted does.

That's all for me on this topic.

Go Jackets!
He probably doesn't have more knowledge but just because someone understand football as roof does, it doesn't make them a good coach. Roof has had 4 years now and I haven't seen one thing that has been a consistent improvement my on our D, have you, and if so what?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I live in Alabama, therefore some of my best friends are Auburn grads and fans, and they couldn't wait to get rid of Ted Roof. They finally have a good defense this year after several years of crap after Ted. He's not a good DC. Stick your head in the sand if you want.
Ok, lets assume we should fire Ted. Who do we get? How do we afford him?