Tech vs Va postgame

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I’d like to know what the hell they were thinking going into the end zone on third and one in the fourth quarter. They were killing us and almost certainly would have gotten the first down on the ground.

You and just about the entire Sabre community. I think they thought their receivers could beat our DBs just about anytime. So why not on third down? For the record, I did not think Bronco was too thrilled with the play call from his offensive coordinator who comes from the "Air Raid" coaching tree but that is how it goes sometimes.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
We played damn near our worst game of the season and just barely won. Not sure how you extrapolate 3-7 out of that unless you’re overlaying Koch’s snowflake on top of Grabriel’s Horn then wrapping it around the Witch of Agnesi.

Their defense had our number, and I am not sure that anything would change on another night - remember, they were missing a bunch of DL players, and they still owned us most of the night at the line of scrimmage. This was NO where near our worst game of the season, in my opinion. We got whipped on the line of scrimmage, bottomline, but also, we won, botttomline.

Great team win. Great gut check win.

Last edited:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Their defense had our number, and I am not sure that anything would change on another night - remember, they were missing a bunch of DL players, and they still owned us most of the night at the line of scrimmage. This was NO where near our worst game of the season, in my opinion. We got whipped on the line of scrimmage, bottomline, but also, we won, botttomline.
We also got whipped on the edge, our coverage was soft and our tackling was pitiful, too. But we made just enough plays to beat a good team while not at our best and that speaks volumes.

Btw, our ST’s played out of their minds and they get my game ball, helmet sticker and anything else you can think of!

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
A win always makes the drive back to Augusta so much sweeter.

My biggest takeaway from this game is that we have our kicker. Wells is the answer we've been looking for.

As always, tailgating with @Supersizethatorder-mutt and @buzz_wiser© was a blast, and it was awesome that @awbuzz brought @Boomergump and @RonJohn over to meet me in the stands. It was also good to see @OldJacketFan back at the game. Can't wait for next year to see everyone again.

Go Jackets and To Hell With georgia!!!

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Just watched the replay. Total nail biter of a game, D nearly gave up it at the end of regulation, but we over came. Only thing I still am a little disappointed in seeing is the south endzone on tv looked almost empty we gotta fix this.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
A win always makes the drive back to Augusta so much sweeter.

My biggest takeaway from this game is that we have our kicker. Wells is the answer we've been looking for.

As always, tailgating with @Supersizethatorder-mutt and @buzz_wiser© was a blast, and it was awesome that @awbuzz brought @Boomergump and @RonJohn over to meet me in the stands. It was also good to see @OldJacketFan back at the game. Can't wait for next year to see everyone again.

Go Jackets and To Hell With georgia!!!

It was great meeting you, @awbuzz , and @OldJacketFan today too.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Okay, maybe this is just me, but every game we play on Fox Sports South or Raycom is absolute chaos. Like, things happen in those games that don't usually ever happen, to the point where I feel uneasy if we have a game scheduled on one of those channels.