Tech vs Va postgame

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
From the post-game:

"They (seniors) did a great job keeping the team together when it was 1-3, that's not easy. I can promise you, I've done this for 40 years. As a coach, when you start out like that and you got all the negavity around you and everybody's already pronounced you dead and shoveling dirt on you. It's hard to keep everybody going in the same direction. The seniors just didn't listen, they just turned it off and we just went to work and kept playing. That's all you can do."

That is all they can do but perhaps there are some things we as fans can do.

Glad to see these guys being able to get the W in a game like this. Had too many heartbreaking losses in the last couple of years. Go Jackets!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I also didn't get why we went for two so early in the game. Glad things worked out but it easily could have come back to bite us had we missed it.

It was kind of weird. Kick would have made it a five-point lead, Two made it six.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
From the post-game:

"They (seniors) did a great job keeping the team together when it was 1-3, that's not easy. I can promise you, I've done this for 40 years. As a coach, when you start out like that and you got all the negavity around you and everybody's already pronounced you dead and shoveling dirt on you. It's hard to keep everybody going in the same direction. The seniors just didn't listen, they just turned it off and we just went to work and kept playing. That's all you can do."

That is all they can do but perhaps there are some things we as fans can do.

Glad to see these guys being able to get the W in a game like this. Had too many heartbreaking losses in the last couple of years. Go Jackets!
GT willed themselves to victory today over the Wahoos:cigar:

Jmonty71

Banned
I cannot say, I thought we'd win 7 games . It was not a great start . This was an ugly win. But, nonetheless, a win. I hope we play much better, next week. I would love nothing more than to beat UGA .

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
What a finish....a few thoughts

1. Wesley Wells......I think we've got our kicker!
2. Juanyeh did a great job finding an alley after the safety. And made a good move to get into the endzone.
3. My head hurt as to why CPJ went for 2 the first time. I guess it was the right call?
4. That QB for UVA is a tough mama jamma. He was definitely hurt and they kept riding him (although not nearly as much)
5. Brant with the big play to get the safety.
6. Slightly concerned about the holes we have when in Cover 3. We seem to be protecting against the deep ball, but not really applying pressure either. Maybe we've been setting up UGA for a blitz fest?
7. I still can't believe that Brad Stewart catch. What a play on senior night! Channeling his inner Calvin.
8. Why start the Yellow Jacket cheer and then play music over it? Gimme a break!
9. Hate week has started.
Re: #8. So true.
Totally ruined it.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
UVA played a rent-a-win last week while we had a very talented (but not very good) Miami team. Probably made a difference going into this game. But UVA was physically so much better than us on both sides. They were flying all over the place on D and their offense was literally running us over on a number of plays.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Man I thought that was the best college football game I have seen this year. It was a freaking war. Both teams were battling their arses off. I really thought when they stopped us on fourth and short in the second half we were done. They just seemed to want it more than us at that stage in the game. But to our guys credit, they refused to let that dishearten them. They stayed in there and slugged it out, toe to toe to the very end and then carried it on into the overtime. That catch by Brad was just short of miraculous, Wells made so many clutch kicks, Harvey was once again a weapon that helped us win another close one. The line play was a dead standoff on both sides of the ball for both teams. I certainly saw plenty to critic but at the end of the day we just outlasted them. You could say we were lucky to win but I think you would have had to say the same for them if they had won. Now it's on to Athens where I think we have a legit shot to shock the world. Momentum is a funny thing.

Go Jackets!

To Hell with Georgia.