Tech vs Va postgame

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I wonder how long it's been since we - or anybody, for that matter - completed 8 passes in four straight games and won them all. Isn't that right - 8 completions in the last four games?

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
That's a push to call those "miracles". A punt return for TD, safety, diving catch, are good plays and not miracles. The FG hitting the upright barely clipped the inside post. A miracle would've been clipping the inside post and it bouncing back which I've seen before. We looked prepared for the fake spike so who knows what would've happened. None of these are any more a miracle than is missing a wise open sack that would've ended the game the final drive in the 4th (which isn't a miracle).

Maybe I'll give them the muffed punt.
It’s called college football and we made the plays to win!!!! THWG!

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What a finish....a few thoughts

1. Wesley Wells......I think we've got our kicker!
2. Juanyeh did a great job finding an alley after the safety. And made a good move to get into the endzone.
3. My head hurt as to why CPJ went for 2 the first time. I guess it was the right call?
4. That QB for UVA is a tough mama jamma. He was definitely hurt and they kept riding him (although not nearly as much)
5. Brant with the big play to get the safety.
6. Slightly concerned about the holes we have when in Cover 3. We seem to be protecting against the deep ball, but not really applying pressure either. Maybe we've been setting up UGA for a blitz fest?
7. I still can't believe that Brad Stewart catch. What a play on senior night! Channeling his inner Calvin.
8. Why start the Yellow Jacket cheer and then play music over it? Gimme a break!
9. Hate week has started.
Great post!

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
UVA played a rent-a-win last week while we had a very talented (but not very good) Miami team. Probably made a difference going into this game. But UVA was physically so much better than us on both sides. They were flying all over the place on D and their offense was literally running us over on a number of plays.
And Miami killed BC tonight ( I think)

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Oh yeah, one of the cheerleaders proposed to his girlfriend after they announced the senior cheer team members. It was cool, but I felt really sorry for her because there was no possibility of saying no.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Atmosphere was the best game I've been to this year (I missed Miami).

Big win. Virginia is good.

Well coached with big physical linemen on both sides of the ball. No Aaron Douglas or Luther Maddy but good enough to be troublesome. I would be willing to bet that Parker Braun and Hanson are glad to see this one in the books. They pretty much beat our offensive line the entire game. Their nose tackle did not look like any world beater but if we had him we would not have been having dive plays blown up.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
When I run I keep both feet on the ground.
When u see a picture of 28 he never has his feet on the ground!
Andy said he was another AJ gray

AJ was a good athlete and quality player for us but he is not going to be able to touch this guy. J Thomas is the most fluid athlete I have seen at Tech in a long time. Makes plays effortlessly. Did you see him catch the punt? Like I would catch a tennis ball up above his head. Watch him on kickoffs and punts. He WANTS the ball. He thinks he is going the distance every time.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I also didn't get why we went for two so early in the game. Glad things worked out but it easily could have come back to bite us had we missed it.

Partly because the "card" calls for it in that situation but mostly I (speculating here) think that Coach Johnson was thinking already that points were going to be hard to come by in this game. Best get them while you can.