Tech v duh U postgame!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Shout out to @GT05 and @boger2337 for standing up and making noise for our boys.

It was nice to meet @GT05 who was nice enough to come over and say hello to me and boger. He breathed some much needed noise and life into section 102 :)

Also big thanks to @boger2337 for hooking me up with a Calvin bobble head I would have otherwise missed out on. It was fun screaming our heads off for our D together. My throat was literally in sore need of some whiskey clear when I got home.

Have a great weekend guys. Go Jackets!!!!
I would also like to thank @GT05 for coming up to see me in section 102 Row 41 maybe next week I can meet the rest of you guys

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
We all know how much CPJ hates to punt and hates to settle for FGs but last night he fought the urge and it paid off. Going for it on 4th has been such a mixed bag, high risk-high reward but last night, playing it conservative was the right call. He seems to have a harder time doing that when we’re behind however.

Either way, last night was well-played, Go Jackets! On to the Hoos!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If Taquon was judged to be the starter by CPJ, then he handled the QB the way it needed to be handled last night. What else would CPJ do, rotate QBs on a night where temperatures were in the thirties? Call it selective icing of our own QBs. Whoever, was in the game and getting into a lather needed to stay in the game unless injured. Standing on the sideline for 45 minutes watching your sub play two series after getting hot yourself makes no sense. If temps were in the 60s it would be a different story.

I know Juanyeh Thomas is trying to learn the defense and Rivera already knows it, but man, it is hard to keep him off the field. When he returns kicks, it is very evident how physical he really is. Even if he doesn't consistently make the right choices, he pulls through attempts to tackle him like a teenager does in the back yard when his little brother's friends are hanging all over him. I'm not so sure he shouldn't be an offensive player at some point. I'm thinking AB. Can you imagine the pop he would provide at that position, especially considering the new blocking rules?

Did anybody notice Jordan Mason's lead block on TM's TD run on the QB reverse sweep? He took a would be tackler and drove him 5 yards deep in the EZ. It looked like a scene from "Blind Side". I Thought he was going to push him into the oncoming traffic on North Avenue.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Curious about the board’s thoughts on our “muffed punt.” Would it be in our best interest to have PH3 punt low from now on and peg a ball off a defender’s back? That **** punt was play of the game for Miami.

Miami fan behind me kept going on and on about how genius their "onside punt" was. How they should always do that!

Kept thinking 'that was not intentional bro-skie. Couldn't do that 1 time in 100 if you tried.'

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Miami fan behind me kept going on and on about how genius their "onside punt" was. How they should always do that!

Kept thinking 'that was not intentional bro-skie. Couldn't do that 1 time in 100 if you tried.'

If I understand the broadcast team on the Deuce correctly, the play was intentionally designed with the idea of creating a TO. I think this was from the sideline reporter chatting with CMR right before halftime. Did anyone else hear this?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

They did it twice in a row...it was on purpose. I’ve been wondering for years why no one tries this. Just punt it into the crowd and hope it hits the defense.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't at the game , what was the attendance like last night at BDS?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk