Tech v duh U postgame!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Shout out to @GT05 and @boger2337 for standing up and making noise for our boys.

It was nice to meet @GT05 who was nice enough to come over and say hello to me and boger. He breathed some much needed noise and life into section 102 :)

Also big thanks to @boger2337 for hooking me up with a Calvin bobble head I would have otherwise missed out on. It was fun screaming our heads off for our D together. My throat was literally in sore need of some whiskey clear when I got home.

Have a great weekend guys. Go Jackets!!!!

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
What was going on with the UM players just before the start of the game when most of their team rushed to the NE end zone corner and blocked the last few GT players coming on the field. Many kneeled and seem to be baiting the GT fans? What was that all about? For a moment it looked like the start of a full scale riot but the refs got the UM players back in place quickly without further issues.

Two years ago their players came down and knelt in our endzone after Jose Fernandez passed away. Not sure why they came down to our end of the field (where we warmup and run out from our locker room) that year. Not sure why they had to come down to our side again this year pregame. And this year was much different as they were intentionally impeding part of our team running onto the field. The obvious conclusion is that richt told them to do it as a futile attempt at intimidation. Very classless, but not surprising. This coming from the guy that sent his entire team on the field after they scored their first td against Florida like 10 years ago. But we can’t say that out loud, cause Mark Richt is a great guy right?

Just got home to Augusta. My biggest thrills of the night were provided by a DRUNK Miami fan near me, mocking the name Pressley Harvin III's name, and then we PH punted and they fumbled. And he kept saying at the top of his lungs, "I'm bored; I need to go home," and chanting, "High School offense," and TM throws the TD pass to Stewart. Shortly after than, the drunk passed out in his seat, and they had to make him leave. I LOVED IT !!!!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Except for the 4th quarter drive where Miami went for 95 yard and a TDs, I thought our D played pretty well. I started thinking maybe it was just an illusion, so I compared what our ACC opponents scored against us to their ACC opponents average score. This was only the second time this year we have held an ACC opponent below their ACC scoring average. While this isn't great, I am not dismayed by the numbers and see real progress over the past few years.

Pitt 24 38.3
Clemson 49 49.0
Louisville 31 21.7
Duke 28 27.2
VT 28 24.6
UNC 28 26.9
Miami 21 22.5
UVA ?? 22.7

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Except for the 4th quarter drive where Miami went for 95 yard and a TDs, I thought our D played pretty well. I started thinking maybe it was just an illusion, so I compared what our ACC opponents scored against us to their ACC opponents average score. This was only the second time this year we have held an ACC opponent below their ACC scoring average. While this isn't great, I am not dismayed by the numbers and see real progress over the past few years.

Pitt 24 38.3
Clemson 49 49.0
Louisville 31 21.7
Duke 28 27.2
VT 28 24.6
UNC 28 26.9
Miami 21 22.5
UVA ?? 22.7

Are any of those scores accounting for defensive scores?

Unc scores 28 but one TD was from a returned fumble by unc defense

Same for Clemson game

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We still have a non-zero chance of winning 10 games.
Nope, we are capped at 9 now. With the Pitt win over VT the worst they can finish in conference is 5-3 and they own the tiebreakers over everyone in the division that could tie them. The only other team that can win the division now is Virginia if they win out. We now have two more games plus the bowl game.

slugboy

Staff member
Our last two regular season games are UVA and UGA. I’d love to win out. We have a very good shot at UVA and could be favored.
Miami has VT and Pitt. It’s possible they might not be bowl eligible after those games, but VT would have to step up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

Nope, we are capped at 9 now. With the Pitt win over VT the worst they can finish in conference is 5-3 and they own the tiebreakers over everyone in the division that could tie them. The only other team that can win the division now is Virginia if they win out. We now have two more games plus the bowl game.

Oh I thought I read we could still nip them in a 3-way tie. Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.