Tech v duh U postgame!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
He didn't really need much help stopping our O...what he needed was his players to hold on to the ball.

We played a pretty sloppy game at times last night and still found a way to win...this was in no small part to the Miami turnovers. That said, at the end of the game I had almost no confidence that we were going to drive down the field the way we did and kill the clock. I've gotta hand it to the guys...that was quite impressive given the way Miami had kept them in check most of the game.
I loved the way we didn't just go "full turtle" and run nothing but dives for that last drive, but actually had some pitches and counters. That to me is the difference in us blowing leads versus holding on for wins...does our offense play their usual game when they get ahead, or do they go completely conservative. I think Paul remembered how well the conservative strategy played out last year and switched it up this year.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I loved the way we didn't just go "full turtle" and run nothing but dives for that last drive, but actually had some pitches and counters. That to me is the difference in us blowing leads versus holding on for wins...does our offense play their usual game when they get ahead, or do they go completely conservative. I think Paul remembered how well the conservative strategy played out last year and switched it up this year.
Paul schooled Miami DC Manny Diaz in the 4th quarter on Saturday night

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
From my perspective, typical Miami trying to provoke a pre-game incident ... kudo's to our players for not taking the bait !!
AGREE!
REfs should have thrown a flag right there.
AGREE!
I watched this whole thing from my seats live. It was clearly a premeditated move by a bunch of the UM players. Classless! ...to bastardize a military aviation phrase, they were after the "tail end Charlie's" of the team in the attempted provocation. The refs "probably" (can't be sure) did prevent escalation by intervening. It certainly didn't escalate.

But our players deserve a ton of credit for ignoring the buffoonery. The NCAA/officials could curb or eliminate this nonsense by throwing flags.

As for the prayer narrative.... I believe that's true. Just like the honorable Jacket fan next to me was showing them they were No 1.

Hjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
If I weren't too lazy, I'd look it up, but I thought what you described is the rule for 1st downs. IIuc, the clock stops until the next snap for out of bounds.

it is the rule for first downs but it also the current rule for out of bounds except in the last two minutes of each half. Pretty sure it has been this way for a while. But, I, too, am too lazy to look it up.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
The gt miami game - 2 years ago. I had a field pass to see the ramblin wrek lead the team on to field. After they went out, a few miami players went and knelt on our goal line. No issues. (ND does this as well)

This year the timing of the Wrek Gt players coming out was delayed. If it had been on time then it would not have involved our players.

THEN IT COULD HAVE CLEARLY BEEN SEEN AS SOLELY MIAMI BUSH LEAGUE.

Next time the student section should give them the old MOON OVER MIAMI!

The video is pretty clear it was 95% bush league taunting with a few players kneeing to pray. My question is, even if it is your tradition to pray before the game, why run over and do it right in front of the other team's student section? That makes no sense at all.