Tech v duh U postgame!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
The video is pretty clear it was 95% bush league taunting with a few players kneeing to pray. My question is, even if it is your tradition to pray before the game, why run over and do it right in front of the other team's student section? That makes no sense at all.

If they were just coming to that corner to pray, why are there coaches behind them trying to amp them up? It really doesn’t matter, but it was absolutely an “intimidation” thing (although it’s REAL tough going out there and trying to intimidate the freakin flag team and cheerleaders). It’s just another in a long line of examples that makes me glad I’m not a coCanes fan.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
AGREE!
AGREE!
I watched this whole thing from my seats live. It was clearly a premeditated move by a bunch of the UM players. Classless! ...to bastardize a military aviation phrase, they were after the "tail end Charlie's" of the team in the attempted provocation. The refs "probably" (can't be sure) did prevent escalation by intervening. It certainly didn't escalate.

But our players deserve a ton of credit for ignoring the buffoonery. The NCAA/officials could curb or eliminate this nonsense by throwing flags.

As for the prayer narrative.... I believe that's true. Just like the honorable Jacket fan next to me was showing them they were No 1.
Right. Leave the buffoonery to us fans. Ramblin Wreck should have come around for another pass. Not our fault they were way over here. You can't see anything with all those cheerleaders and whatnot.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Here’s another good angle - running through our band and getting in our business. Taunting and yelling at our fans. And THEN a few prayed. Looks like God said FAT CHANCE. Bunch of idiots.

We got the last laugh. We gave them an “L” which matches the “L” on their foreheads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
After watching that nonsense, CPJ should have told the guys to try and score a touchdown on the last possession instead of running out the clock.
Only if there is 0:00 on the clock. I think there is something beautiful about an offense completely dominating for 6 minutes and the drive ending because the clock ends rather than the endzone. The offense of Miami got to sit and watch their chances of a win dwindle. I can't think of anything more emasculating.

Deleted member 2897

After watching that nonsense, CPJ should have told the guys to try and score a touchdown on the last possession instead of running out the clock.

Well, I think they did, albeit in a kind of conservative approach without tosses/etc.

If you look at the final 3rd down (queued up), they probably would have scored had #55 not made a great play. A counter like that to me is not a conservative/kneel - they were trying to score.