Tech v duh U postgame!

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Stuff--
I noticed that on that 1st TD run by TM he juked "DED" #4, who was 2nd All-conf last yr.Sweet.
Cottrell is not for juking much but on his 2nd half reverse, all he needed was speed to beat that LB to the corner for 25.
Was that Juan T. who caused the fumble on the KO? He 's an active sort.
Jalen J. EASILY played the best game on his life at Tech.I don't think he missed a tackle. (unlike Mitchell who did good but flat whiffed on that 2nd half blitz.)
The bbacks are learning to block WELL.Change from beginning of yr.
er, what's with that "prevent DEF" we played on 4th and 10 or so.?
WE WON, yes WON the STs game BIGtime.Downed a punt, get punt fumble, KO fumble,hit 2 FGs, almost clean on KO returns.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I can’t find any footage of this and it wasn’t on the tv broadcast.

I am not sure what the UM players were doing, or trying to do, as they were doing different things. It was where and when that their actions were so inappropriate. No business being in our end zone disrupting our players coming out for the game and all among our cheering and flag squads. There was plenty of Miami territory for whatever they were up to.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Here’s another good angle - running through our band and getting in our business. Taunting and yelling at our fans. And THEN a few prayed. Looks like God said FAT CHANCE. Bunch of idiots.

Somebody on the team needs to save these video clips so they can review them before next year’s game...not to get revenge but just so they can know what kind of crew they are playing against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
A few more odds and ends. Many of my observations have already been covered.
The early part of the game was scary. We were blocking pretty well but plays that went for 5-6 yards in the last few games were only good for 3-4. The Miami defensive speed was closing things off quickly, and they were sure tacklers who hit hard. We were not getting any yards after contact.

Taquon looked masterful to me. Very poised. His throws were great. Blocking was a big part of that. Taquon really doesn't throw well if he feels any pressure, not that many quarterbacks do.

Defense played well, but I didn't see the pressure I was hoping for. I know Woody likes to mix it up and it is working,for the most part, but still, I wish he would send more rushers. Our secondary played the Miami receivers well.

Harvin is a weapon. Do we have him another year? He's bound to make a pro.

We played a very clean game and they didn't, and in a nutshell, that's why we won. It is a feat for us not to have a single fumble with all of our meshes, reads, and pitches. I can't recall a single penalty called on us.

I don't think I've ever heard Calvin Johnson interviewed before. What a thoughtful, well spoken, class act! Loved it when he looked over his shoulder and said WTTE "After all the places I played, this is still my favorite place to play football."
Maybe a recruit or two will think to themselves "Hmm. So Calvin Johnson thought it was important to have a backup plan for a quality career if football didn't work out. A guy who had pro written all over him before he left high school. Maybe I should think about that too."

Preseason there are dozens of threads based on looking at the schedule and saying "We'll beat X and Y but probably lose to A and B." Of course I do some of that too. But as the season is played out, it always proves futile. Preseason, who had us losing to Pitt, South Florida andDuke and beating Miami and VT? Don't all speak at once, now.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The early part of the game was scary. We were blocking pretty well but plays that went for 5-6 yards in the last few games were only good for 3-4. The Miami defensive speed was closing things off quickly, and they were sure tacklers who hit hard. We were not getting any yards after contact.

Taquon looked masterful to me. Very poised. His throws were great. Blocking was a big part of that. Taquon really doesn't throw well if he feels any pressure, not that many quarterbacks do.

Defense played well, but I didn't see the pressure I was hoping for. I know Woody likes to mix it up and it is working,for the most part, but still, I wish he would send more rushers. Our secondary played the Miami receivers well.

We played a very clean game and they didn't, and in a nutshell, that's why we won. It is a feat for us not to have a single fumble with all of our meshes, reads, and pitches. I can't recall a single penalty called on us.

I don't think I've ever heard Calvin Johnson interviewed before. What a thoughtful, well spoken, class act! Loved it when he looked over his shoulder and said WTTE "After all the places I played, this is still my favorite place to play football."
Maybe a recruit or two will think to themselves "Hmm. So Calvin Johnson thought it was important to have a backup plan for a quality career if football didn't work out. A guy who had pro written all over him before he left high school. Maybe I should think about that too."

Preseason there are dozens of threads based on looking at the schedule and saying "We'll beat X and Y but probably lose to A and B." Of course I do some of that too. But as the season is played out, it always proves futile. Preseason, who had us losing to Pitt, South Florida andDuke and beating Miami and VT? Don't all speak at once, now.
I went into the season thinking GT would win 8-9 games. Hopefully GT can beat Virginia and UGAG winning 8 games and 9 games after the Bowl Game.:cool:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Well spoken

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

I am happy to announce that my season prediction written prior to the USF game was wrong:

I think this game will give us a good idea of how the season will play out. Statistically speaking, our schedule has two games we would be expected to win, three games we would be expected to lose, and seven statistical ties (toss ups). If we lose the first toss up game and go 50/50 on the rest, we miss bowl season again. To hell with statistics. Go Jackets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnson said on his call-in show tonight, that Mark Richt's teams have always behaved that way, and that it was the same for GSU whenever they played in the cesspool. I can't remember if Richt was there when Johnson was at GSU, but the point is the same. Thugs act like thugs, and they do that because the coaches allow them to, if not encourage them to.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Johnson said on his call-in show tonight, that Mark Richt's teams have always behaved that way, and that it was the same for GSU whenever they played in the cesspool. I can't remember if Richt was there when Johnson was at GSU, but the point is the same. Thugs act like thugs, and they do that because the coaches allow them to, if not encourage them to.
Richt told them to do that stunt in the Florida game a while back. Jackarse!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, they are trending down and we are trending up. Some thoughts (many already covered):

• TaQuon had what was probably his best game against a really talented D. All his throws were good and he made almost all his reads correctly. I was glad to see him come out and perform like that. He still doesn't look full speed on his runs, but good enough for the Canes.

• The D didn't light up the skies statistically, but they were very close to what da U's D did. Against a team that's struggling offensively, that was plenty enough. The big story for me = the DBs are playing better every week. True, they completed some long passes, but many of them were lights out throws into good coverage. You can stop lots of things, but you can't stop that.

• They gave us the game! Great payback for last year. We had them whipped and lost on a fluke tip of a poorly thrown ball. This year, they were the ones muffing the ball. I was quite pleased.

• The backs - all of them - ran hard and the blocking was good enough to make it worth their while. They are a very talented defensive unit; it is not hard to see why they've been stopping most of their opponents. The game was called well, however, and, while we couldn't neutralize their speed, we did use it against them effectively at times. The last drive was one of the best we've had all year.

• The game ball should go to the WRs. TaQuon's throw to Brad was great - we should always throw the ball up to him, he can out jump almost everybody - but the reason it worked was that he literally spun the Miami safety off his feet with his last two moves. Camp's reception shows why everybody is so high on him; he simply bulled the DB out of the way of the throw.

• Next time we need to have a white out on a night when it isn't in the upper thirties and the wind blowing. I was in a white hoodie, but I sure didn't blame (envied, rather) people in their coats.

• I think we can beat UVA next week and cruise into Athens with the wind in our sails. But first: Beat the Hoos!