Tech v duh U postgame!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Unrelated, but this is the first time I realized the backdrop during the pressers is gold. It looks grey in every other video that gets posted by GT or KQ, which looking back doesn't make any sense. It's like that dress meme all over again.

I think there are 2 different ones. One for during the week and another post game. Not 100% sure.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
All that being said - I think, if we win the toss, we should stop deferring to the 2nd. Too often our opponent is scoring too easily & quickly in the opening drive.
I was going to post something similar earlier today... & prove it with facts. Turns out the facts don't really support this. Perhaps there is a "recent" trend that does but not whole season. Here are results of opponents' 1st offensive possession this season:
Alcorn St - Punt
USF - INT
Pitt - Punt
Clemson - Punt
Bowling Green - FG
Louisville - Downs
Duke - TD
VT - TD
UNC -Punt
Miami - TD

Opponents have scored on 4 of 10 of their opening possessions. Tech's 3-1 in those 4 games.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
An observation I made at the game. And all previous Tech Miami games.

The Tech fans are all alumni or related to an alumni.

Miami fans, not...

Or did I miss something?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I was going to post something similar earlier today... & prove it with facts. Turns out the facts don't really support this. Perhaps there is a "recent" trend that does but not whole season. Here are results of opponents' 1st offensive possession this season:
Alcorn St - Punt
USF - INT
Pitt - Punt
Clemson - Punt
Bowling Green - FG
Louisville - Downs
Duke - TD
VT - TD
UNC -Punt
Miami - TD

Opponents have scored on 4 of 10 of their opening possessions. Tech's 3-1 in those 4 games.

Obviously correct, but 3 of last 4 make it seem like too much of a trend.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
An observation I made at the game. And all previous Tech Miami games.

The Tech fans are all alumni or related to an alumni.

Miami fans, not...

Or did I miss something?

I know lots of GT fans not related to alums, and are not alums.

But um has a ton of slumni all over the country.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I think the praying in question was after the game. Some guys were praying, but it was just odd to go do it in front of our band and student section.

They did have players praying. But they also had a bunch of kids acting a fool before and afterwards like always. Richt has lost control LOL.

I liked the way CPJ answered when asked about the UM player actions before the game. He simply dismissed it as "kids behavior" and avoided any additional controversy. It was in fact an unsportsman like totally out of place display of undisciplined bush league behavior, but I am glad CPJ took the high road and let it pass. I cannot.. Shame on CMR.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
In yet another post revealing a bit about my age, I really, really dislike public displays of gloating and poor sportsmanship such as this and the one by JJ above. Trash talking on the field, in the heat of battle is OK and to be expected (and enjoyed). But after the fact, not so much. If you will excuse me, I have to take my pills and yell at the kids on my lawn.

This is the quintessential of Auburn greasing the tracks back in your day.
:))

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I liked the way CPJ answered when asked about the UM player actions before the game. He simply dismissed it as "kids behavior" and avoided any additional controversy. It was in fact an unsportsman like totally out of place display of undisciplined bush league behavior, but I am glad CPJ took the high road and let it pass. I cannot.. Shame on CMR.
I can’t find any footage of this and it wasn’t on the tv broadcast.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I think this is where Todd Stansbury needs to get involved and send a complaint to either the Miami AD or to the ACC. I think there was a lot of fake praying going on if that was their plan.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Richt is a ***** pretending to be a choir boy to make mommas in recruiting visits feel good. Always has been and always will be a pos and his teams will always act like this.

Hope their embrace of thug life helps em deal with life in Loserville.

How many of their players did we recruit? How many do we wish we had won over in the end? Cell phones and wallets of the players we did land are probably much safer without them.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Actually, I just re-watched bits of the game again and I have no idea what Richt is talking about. Their snap count is the QB doing the stupid hand clap. You don't see any of our guys clapping their hands or whatever.

We won and Miami's poop so I'm not going to bother watching Richt's postgame to see what he's griping about.

I think he makes a call before the clap as sort of a “get ready” to let the offense know to go on the next sound. This keeps teams honest that are trying to time the snap with the clap, sort of a new take on our “draw them offsides play”.

Defenses figure out the get ready call, call it out, then when the QB yells out the call again they jump.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Alcorn St - Punt
USF - INT
Pitt - Punt
Clemson - Punt
Bowling Green - FG
Louisville - Downs
Duke - TD
VT - TD
UNC -Punt
Miami - TD

Just to add to this, we’ve scored on the very first drive of the 2nd half in 6-7 of our games. The decision to defer when we win the coin toss is usually a good one.