Tech v duh U postgame!

Ok tell me what CPJ was saying :)

8806231.jpeg
Oh, the endless string of possibilities.....LOL
How about, "Thanks for coming to our party. Come again soon."

I’m not convinced that unfolded as described by the Cane fan. It looked like Brant originally picked a different gap to blitz then changed his mind at the last second when he realized there was a 4 lane highway up the middle.
Yes, and that's what's different. The players seem to be playing with their eyes wide open as to what is going on this year.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
If Taquon was judged to be the starter by CPJ, then he handled the QB the way it needed to be handled last night. What else would CPJ do, rotate QBs on a night where temperatures were in the thirties? Call it selective icing of our own QBs. Whoever, was in the game and getting into a lather needed to stay in the game unless injured. Standing on the sideline for 45 minutes watching your sub play two series after getting hot yourself makes no sense. If temps were in the 60s it would be a different story.

I know Juanyeh Thomas is trying to learn the defense and Rivera already knows it, but man, it is hard to keep him off the field. When he returns kicks, it is very evident how physical he really is. Even if he doesn't consistently make the right choices, he pulls through attempts to tackle him like a teenager does in the back yard when his little brother's friends are hanging all over him. I'm not so sure he shouldn't be an offensive player at some point. I'm thinking AB. Can you imagine the pop he would provide at that position, especially considering the new blocking rules?

Did anybody notice Jordan Mason's lead block on TM's TD run on the QB reverse sweep? He took a would be tackler and drove him 5 yards deep in the EZ. It looked like a scene from "Blind Side". I Thought he was going to push him into the oncoming traffic on North Avenue.

I think this was my favorite block by Mason during the game....he ate that guy for lunch and dinner

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
They did it twice in a row...it was on purpose. I’ve been wondering for years why no one tries this. Just punt it into the crowd and hope it hits the defense.
I hate Miami more than any other team, so I’m having trouble deciding if I think it was actually good strategy or dirty. My feelings about the thugs get in my way...

I wish this app had a laugh button. Some of you guys are so funny! The comment about Mason blocking to North Ace was great.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I was saying we should take a delay of game with around 9 seconds left, put brad back to take the snap from the long snapper, and run it alllll the way back for a safety.
With our luck he’d step on a loose piece of turf fumble to ball into the endzone & they’d pounce on it for a game winning TD!
I never knew someone that would seek out the enemy just to pray.
The bastard couldn’t even come up with a good lie. I hate those type slick bastard choir boy types. He’s now in a class by himself having professionally disgraced himself by being head coach of the 2 dirtiest and most underachieving programs in all of college football.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Or maybe he said " I think after this season you can get Brain Van Gorder to help you stop the 3O "
He didn't really need much help stopping our O...what he needed was his players to hold on to the ball.

We played a pretty sloppy game at times last night and still found a way to win...this was in no small part to the Miami turnovers. That said, at the end of the game I had almost no confidence that we were going to drive down the field the way we did and kill the clock. I've gotta hand it to the guys...that was quite impressive given the way Miami had kept them in check most of the game.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
He didn't really need much help stopping our O...what he needed was his players to hold on to the ball.

We played a pretty sloppy game at times last night and still found a way to win...this was in no small part to the Miami turnovers. That said, at the end of the game I had almost no confidence that we were going to drive down the field the way we did and kill the clock. I've gotta hand it to the guys...that was quite impressive given the way Miami had kept them in check most of the game.
It takes character for a team to win a game like that:cigar:

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Fans are so smart. Oliver is obviously the starting QB. But the back-up QB is always better.

Good thing CPJ listened to the fans.

Nice job by TaQuon tonight. That conversion to Camp on the final drive reminded me of VT 2014.

We'll never know...Oliver could have lit it up against them. Given the way they played, I'm not so sure though...he probably would have had a tough time running inside on them, so Taquon was probably the right choice. That said, let's not act like the guy had a career day out there. Hell, that errant pitch at the start of the fourth quarter could have been a monumental mistake had they picked that up and returned it for a score. There was zero reason to pitch that ball under that kind of pressure.

I also thought his TD pass to Brad was going to get picked when he let it go, and watching it over I'm not sure what the Miami player was doing...he was right there with him and when Brad slowed up he just kept running and didn't even try to make a play on the ball. Brad turned him around a few times on the route, so maybe he just never saw the ball...either way it was a great play.

Given the outcome it's hard to be too upset about that stuff though. Taquon did a great job of managing the game and had several huge plays...he was great on the bootlegs and that first TD run was electric. It was great to see him get back out and be successful.

LibertyTurns

Banned
We'll never know...Oliver could have lit it up against them. Given the way they played, I'm not so sure though...he probably would have had a tough time running inside on them, so Taquon was probably the right choice. That said, let's not act like the guy had a career day out there. Hell, that errant pitch at the start of the fourth quarter could have been a monumental mistake had they picked that up and returned it for a score. There was zero reason to pitch that ball under that kind of pressure.

I also thought his TD pass to Brad was going to get picked when he let it go, and watching it over I'm not sure what the Miami player was doing...he was right there with him and when Brad slowed up he just kept running and didn't even try to make a play on the ball. Brad turned him around a few times on the route, so maybe he just never saw the ball...either way it was a great play.

Given the outcome it's hard to be too upset about that stuff though. Taquon did a great job of managing the game and had several huge plays...he was great on the bootlegs and that first TD run was electric. It was great to see him get back out and be successful.
You’re a DB playing GT and the WR you’re covering just ran 30 yds downfield. You haven’t heard the whistle blow yet. The f’ing guy has been blocking you all f’ing game and you’re no where near recording your first tackle yet. You get blocked about 4 times a season and most of those are half-*** blocks except when you play GT. You’re just sick & tired of the guy hitting you and you’re glad he decided to lay off and run a damn route for once. Are you:

A. Looking for the ball in the air?
B. Looking back up field to see if the guy with the ball is running your way?
C. Thinking about trotting back to the LOS for another play?

It’s a toss up but I’m thinking it’s B, then maybe C. It certainly isn’t A.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Richt insinuating that we were mimicking the cadence of their offense to cause them to jump.

Actually, I just re-watched bits of the game again and I have no idea what Richt is talking about. Their snap count is the QB doing the stupid hand clap. You don't see any of our guys clapping their hands or whatever.

We won and Miami's poop so I'm not going to bother watching Richt's postgame to see what he's griping about.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
CPJ confirmed in the post game press conference that Miami players were trying to stir up trouble pre-game too. Karma. Richt is NOT a good guy - he let’s that happen every pre-game. Karma indeed.

Yeah, but I think um players did that pre richt.

I don’t object to a player taking a knee pregame, but if they were sincere they would do it in a more private setting in the locker room and DEFINITELY not in the other teams’ end zone. We know what they were doing. And conference officials should see thru this charade and do something about it.

And by the way, puke players did the exact same thing. Not as many however.

All that being said - I think, if we win the toss, we should stop deferring to the 2nd. Too often our opponent is scoring too easily & quickly in the opening drive.

Brant, a senior, has got to make that tackle. But he did a lot more damage by helping jam up the middle for most of the game.

Cottrell, I think also a Sr., has got to be more aware (like every other guy) on the punt return. At that point, we really did not even need to be anywhere near the ball. And he ran out of bounds once when we need to keep the clock running. But we are getting a lot more rushing yards outta him than I thought we would so he is doing great in that regard.

A lot more positives than negatives, but I wish we could get a 100% sync in 2 weeks from yesterday.