Tech v duh U postgame!

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I thought this was the best play call game Coach Johnson has had all season. He consistently had good runs called and all the passing calls where at just the right time.

I did not expect GT to run all over Miami and we didn't - but we rushed in line with what we have done against their D in previous years.
My only disappointment was not getting a TD after the muffed punt. You have to get 7 when you get the ball to start in the red zone.

But the O did a great job of keeping Miami off the field in the 4th quarter - they only had the ball once - and that makes it hard to win when you are down 2 TD's.
Great job of using his timeouts on that last drive so GT didn't even have to kick an easy FG and was able to run the clock out.

I remember thinking that last drive as we moved into the redzone the first thing I would tell my players is do not score a TD even if the defense lets you - fall down at the 1. Worst case scenario there is you end up having to kick a FG with little time on the clock to make it a 2 possession game and then give Miami no time to have to possessions or for something weird to happen, but it didn't even come to that.
I was saying we should take a delay of game with around 9 seconds left, put brad back to take the snap from the long snapper, and run it alllll the way back for a safety.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Not counting the end of half/end of game drives, we each had the ball 8 times.

Before yesterday, Miami had allowed Power-5 opposition 1.55 points/drive on average. For 8 drives, that would have been 12 pts. While we benefited from some special-teams turnovers, we did have two long TD drives and a long FG drive. We also could have scored at least another 3 at the end of the game had we desired. Before yesterday, Miami had allowed Power-5 opposition 4.28 yds/play on average. Yesterday, our offense averaged 5.33 yards/play. In other words, while our offense did not always look great yesterday, it was really good given the competition.

Before yesterday, they averaged 1.55 points/drive on offense, which would have been 12 points. While one of the TD's we allowed was a short-field score, we also allowed two long TD drives. Before yesterday, they had averaged 5.17 yds/play versus Power-5 opposition, but we allowed 5.64 yds/play. In other words, while our defense looked better than we've seen recently, it wasn't really that great given the competition.

Denny'63

Georgia Tech Fan
Great win--proved that we can beat a team with great athletes. Our defense really stood out-I believe that it was their best
game of the year. Miami pretty much shut down the run--Marshall proved that we can be two dimensional. Also, their
recent performances make out losses to South Florida, Duke and Pitt make those losses more palatable. A win againse
UVA gives us a chance to be 2nd in our division (Duke has to lose). A 7 win season would be a dream come true!

Deleted member 2897

According to Richt it was a prayer group meeting. His prayer groups are a little different than most.

I think the praying in question was after the game. Some guys were praying, but it was just odd to go do it in front of our band and student section.
According to Richt it was a prayer group meeting. His prayer groups are a little different than most.

They did have players praying. But they also had a bunch of kids acting a fool before and afterwards like always. Richt has lost control LOL.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yep, the 4 teams we’ve lost to are all bowl eligible, and are a combined 30-10.

After reading some of the posts here about who we beat and who we don't, would it be fair to say we do better against teams that don't win very much vs. teams that win a lot. Or is that violating the whole "correlation is not causation" thing we learned in probability and statistics?;)