Stansbury on 680 at 3:45pm

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Hopefully at tomorrow’s press conference he’ll have his **** together and present a cohesive vision for the future. For example wouldn’t it be nice to hear TStan say Georgia Tech has established itself as the premier option offense football program in the Power 5 and the top job for all option coaches in the country. Own our identity rather than “keeping all options open” From there he can choose to continue CPJ’s legacy by bringing in the next up-&-coming option coach or even promoting from within. But most importantly this would set a clear pivot-point rather than launching a seemingly aimless coaching search.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully at tomorrow’s press conference he’ll have his **** together and present a cohesive vision for the future. For example wouldn’t it be nice to hear TStan say Georgia Tech has established itself as the premier option offense football program in the Power 5. Own our identity rather than “keeping all options open” From there he can choose to continue CPJ’s legacy by bringing in the next up-&-coming option coach or even promoting from within. But most importantly this would set a clear pivot-point rather than launching a seemingly aimless coaching search.
It wouldn't shock me if GT wound up having a month long cluster frik like Tennessee did last November and December looking for a head football coach:banghead: I hope i'm wrong however;)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully at tomorrow’s press conference he’ll have his **** together and present a cohesive vision for the future. For example wouldn’t it be nice to hear TStan say Georgia Tech has established itself as the premier option offense football program in the Power 5. Own our identity rather than “keeping all options open” From there he can choose to continue CPJ’s legacy by bringing in the next up-&-coming option coach or even promoting from within. But most importantly this would set a clear pivot-point rather than launching a seemingly aimless coaching search.

I expect TStan to toss a LOT of hossonas CPJ's way, and not say anything negative about CPJ's offense or any negative fallout from running it.

That said, I've heard many times that TStan was going to move on from CPJ's option heavy offense once the opportunity presented itself. TStan understands the perception of CPJ's offense and disadvantage those perceptions brought to GT...he's very sensitive to outside perception (hence sending those emails when GT started the season awfully).

A LOT is riding on the TStan's decision....which will be his first ever football head coaching hire as an AD anywhere.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I expect TStan to toss a LOT of hossonas CPJ's way, and not say anything negative about CPJ's offense or any negative fallout from running it.

That said, I've heard many times that TStan was going to move on from CPJ's option heavy offense once the opportunity presented itself. TStan understands the perception of CPJ's offense and disadvantage those perceptions brought to GT...he's very sensitive to outside perception (hence sending those emails when GT started the season awfully).

A LOT is riding on the TStan's decision....which will be his first ever football head coaching hire as an AD anywhere.
I hope he doesn't hire a search firm to find the next football coach:rolleyes:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Yes, but he's also spoken repeatedly about the importance of doing things a uniquely GT way. You can't satisfy those who don't want to get singled out for being different and be unique at the same time. It will be interesting to see what TStan does.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Yes, but he's also spoken repeatedly about the importance of doing things a uniquely GT way. You can't satisfy those who don't want to get singled out for being different and be unique at the same time. It will be interesting to see what TStan does.
I doubt the Elliot hire because TStan's actual words were "we will not out Clemson Clemson". Hiring a coach from them seems counter to that thought process. Of course, the coach interviews well and comes in with a plan for how he can work around our unique challenges, then I'm sure TStan will be all ears.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It wouldn't shock me if GT wound up having a month long cluster frik like Tennessee did last November and December looking for a head football coach:banghead: I hope i'm wrong however;)

I doubt that will happen. TN had a weak AD and its athletic department is run by a committee of $$$ boosters. Which is the worst possible way to run any kind of organization.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Why? Do you hate having an explosive offense or something? Do you want to have the POS offense Gailey ran? I just don’t understand not wanting one of the best offenses there is out there. I don’t want something everyone else runs.
Hammer...nail! Great answer.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
It’s just down right boring for some people to watch the same team run the same plays over and over for 11 years. As a young kid growing up without a team, why in the world would you chose to watch the Triple Option?

My friend, you were only 8 when Paul Johnson started so you may not remember this, but Georgia Tech’s offense was way more boring with CALVIN JOHNSON. I’m not saying we can’t do better than the option, but be careful what you wish for.