Stansbury on 680 at 3:45pm

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Programs with Fans like GT are part of the reason it’s going down.

This whole time you’ve showed me a meaningless stat that hasn’t proved my original argument that GT hasn’t passed the ball well on passing downs wrong. Also no I’m not wrong, those plays I just talked about aren’t straight up conversion rates of GT passing on passing downs like I asked for. I’ve also tried to explain to you that I didn’t mean GT wasnt good on 3rd and 5+ I meant they couldn’t throw the ball, and that I should’ve worded it better, but you’ve continued to beat a dead horse.
Yes, I get it. You kept moving the goal posts because every stat listed countered your feelings. No team is good throwing the ball 3rd and 10+, so I don't really care too much. You want to yell and complain into the air, that's fine. I look forward to you eventually learning to come up with supporting arguments in the future.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Yes, I get it. You kept moving the goal posts because every stat listed countered your feelings. No team is good throwing the ball 3rd and 10+, so I don't really care too much. You want to yell and complain into the air, that's fine. I look forward to you eventually learning to come up with supporting arguments in the future.
You misunderstood me, I tried to tell you that multiple times. Once again, I’m sorry for that should’ve worded it better.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Meh. The coach is responsible for the program.
You were talking about the QB issue. I was only saying hard to fault PJ w/ how the QB issue played out. Ultimately, I agree that he is responsible for the success of the program. But it is easier for me to overlook last 2 years when I see the cause of the setback.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/colleg...ow-thanks-to-new-record-threshold-to-buy/amp/
Georgia’s cost more than ever and they still sell out every game.
latest

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
The reason being that we are consistently among the top offenses in country?

One of the top “rushing” offenses in the country. Big deal.

Would rather win games, not O titles.

We can not just keep changing DCs, not have great S/Ts, not coming out ready to play at 100% for 100% of our games.

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
Anyone want to talk about Stansbury's comments today or is this thread ready for a lock?
Regarding TStan's interview, on the subject of a potential new hire, he said exactly what he should have said in that situation, which was basically... nothing. That was the most intelligent and wise way to answer probing questions in a very public forum from two guys (one a GA fan, one an Auburn fan) who have no skin-in-the-game for seeing GT do well. I expect TS has given a great deal of thought about this decision prior to the events of today.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Regarding TStan's interview, on the subject of a potential new hire, he said exactly what he should have said in that situation, which was basically... nothing. That was the most intelligent and wise way to answer probing questions in a very public forum from two guys (one a GA fan, one an Auburn fan) who have no skin-in-the-game for seeing GT do well. I expect TS has given a great deal of thought about this decision prior to the events of today.

RE: your final point. If you are an AD and you don’t have a list at all times you are a bad AD.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
It’s a sore thumb on the program, look at it through the eyes of a 19 year old... (which I am) I know how people my age feel about it and how negatively it effects GT’s image and ability to recruit. I know most of the older people have seen it all and just want to win, but I want sustainable success because of the players we have not the offense we run.
Now, that's a recipe for disaster.

We had better hope we have a coach who will know what he's doing with the players we can recruit and get into Tech. We are not now - and, I might add, we have never been - a program that gets absolutely great players every year. When successful, Tech has always depended on schemes on either offense or defense to win. With Dodd it was the razzle-dazzle wing T, with O'Leary it was a sophisticated multiple, with Tenuta it was the blitz, with Coach it was the triple. We have always recruited successfully when we have a scheme that players want to run in. If we try to out-talent programs like Clemson, we will fail. If we out think them, we have a chance.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I apologize. I get worked up when people are wrong on the internet. :)
duty_calls.png
Dude I don’t know how you didn’t blurt out something highly inappropriate. When you start arguing against a guy that wants to find fault with the manner in which our offense converted 3rd down & long plays, I’m not really sure how you could fix that. Really, I thought we were supposed to be rooting for our offense to convert 3rd downs. Up to this point I had not even considered how embarassing to some it must be when we convert a 3rd & 10 by running. Hell, the guys in those offices must go to work with bags over their heads on Monday morning. I can just hear it, “hey GT guy you converted 7 of 10 3rd downs for more than 10 yds but your high school offense had to run the ball to do it 6 of those times. That’s the ONLY reason you won. If you had passed like a real team, maybe you would have failed to convert, been forced to punt, lost the game & kept your dignity ”. I get it now!