Stansbury comments on season tickets

I never gave up my season ticket option. I still don’t know if I’m going, but at least want to see what seat options are available before I make a decision. I’ve never have a stinger pass for football.
I phrased that wrong. I knew you didn't already have a stinger pass, but you said you were considering it. Glad you stuck with the season ticket and hope to see you at the games.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m confused. Why would you local cats with ST not go to the games?

Well, me personally...I still don’t feel like this is a real football season. I also don’t even think we will even make it to the start of the season, and definitely not finish it. Hard for me to get emotionally invested, to be honest.

Milwaukee

Banned
Well, me personally...I still don’t feel like this is a real football season. I also don’t even think we will even make it to the start of the season, and definitely not finish it. Hard for me to get emotionally invested, to be honest.
So you’re being paranoid about Covid. What does that have to do with what you said? Are you afraid of Covid or do you not think it’s gonna be authentic like normal therefore you don’t even want to attend? Big difference.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
So you’re being paranoid about Covid. What does that have to do with what you said? Are you afraid of Covid or do you not think it’s gonna be authentic like normal therefore you don’t even want to attend? Big difference.
Not paranoid about covid at all. I didn’t say anything about covid. I’ve had it, also worked through the pandemic this whole time in a hospitality industry (golf). As I’ve said a few times, I’m just (so far) not into this idea of a “season”. Just seems like it will ultimately be a half-a**ed season with all the teams around the country not participating, the game day experience being so watered down/altered now, and all the other concessions that are being made just to “have football”. And ultimately I don’t think we get to a finished season anyway, just due to public reaction when/if outbreaks of the virus start occurring more on campus/among athletes.
So it’s hard for me to even be excited about a season that still may not start, may not finish if it does start, and still wouldn’t feel like a real season if it someone does get to the end.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I have two seats and probably pick nearly last.

Spent a few minutes on the sight figuring out how it will work. For two-seat blocks I counted it up; there are 800 pairs of seats.

The lower level has 331 pairs of seats; Lower West has 115 pairs, Lower East 96, South Stands 120.

The upper level has 469; Upper West has 166 pairs, Upper North 245 and Upper East 58.

Apparently the social distance is three seats on the same row with every other row empty. That's probably 4 to 5 feet to your left and right with 2to 3 feet to your front or rear.

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
I have two seats and probably pick nearly last.

Spent a few minutes on the sight figuring out how it will work. For two-seat blocks I counted it up; there are 800 pairs of seats.

The lower level has 331 pairs of seats; Lower West has 115 pairs, Lower East 96, South Stands 120.

The upper level has 469; Upper West has 166 pairs, Upper North 245 and Upper East 58.

Apparently the social distance is three seats on the same row with every other row empty. That's probably 4 to 5 feet to your left and right with 2to 3 feet to your front or rear.
Not gonna lie.. I’m not feeling too good about getting tickets after this post. I’m also sitting on two and with time slots opening up a full week ahead of me (maybe more.. don’t really know) I’m just not liking my odds. 1600 seats dedicated to two ticket accounts seems awfully low. I would have figured it was the most popular allocation.

Not gonna lie.. I’m not feeling too good about getting tickets after this post. I’m also sitting on two and with time slots opening up a full week ahead of me (maybe more.. don’t really know) I’m just not liking my odds. 1600 seats dedicated to two ticket accounts seems awfully low. I would have figured it was the most popular allocation.
I have no idea if this will do you any good or not, but you might try calling your ticket rep and explaining your dilemma, asking him if there might be any people with a larger number of seats who really don't need the entire block this year and see if you can get in with one of those people. I seriously doubt they can help, but it sure can't hurt to try. Just don't wait to make that call if you do.

Milwaukee

Banned
Not paranoid about covid at all. I didn’t say anything about covid. I’ve had it, also worked through the pandemic this whole time in a hospitality industry (golf). As I’ve said a few times, I’m just (so far) not into this idea of a “season”. Just seems like it will ultimately be a half-a**ed season with all the teams around the country not participating, the game day experience being so watered down/altered now, and all the other concessions that are being made just to “have football”. And ultimately I don’t think we get to a finished season anyway, just due to public reaction when/if outbreaks of the virus start occurring more on campus/among athletes.
So it’s hard for me to even be excited about a season that still may not start, may not finish if it does start, and still wouldn’t feel like a real season if it someone does get to the end.

I’m with you on worrying about the overall experience. It’s not going to be the same but we just have to make the best of it.

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
Never mind. Just read the mask policy. Not going this year...I'm not arguing the mask thing with anyone - I realize it's a CYA thing, but if you socially distance, why are we doing masks outside again?
The policy says the masks don’t have to be worn in your seats. May not change your mind, but I saw that in there.

edit - my reading comprehension may be off. Is it saying they can be removed at your seats only when eating or drinking? Now questioning myself....

Milwaukee

Banned
The policy says the masks don’t have to be worn in your seats. May not change your mind, but I saw that in there.

edit - my reading comprehension may be off. Is it saying they can be removed at your seats only when eating or drinking? Now questioning myself....

I read it the same as you. We can take them off once in our seats. Maybe I’m wrong.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck

Thats the way it reads to me. That they have to remain on at all times inside the stadium, even in your seats, UNLESS you are eating/drinking.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Yep. Masks when in the stadium except when eating or drinking or in a suite.

Gonna make for some interesting suntanlines for Upper North and U/L East folks.

herb

Helluva Engineer
if no or limited student passes this year, do you think it is an option to buy a stinger pass still? My son will want to go but student tix are looking iffy. Should I go ahead and buy one or do y’all think it is too late?

I'll answer in case anyone was wondering. I called the ticket office and the long and the short of it is, no too late.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
When’s the last time GT fans fought over tickets to games? 1966?
I only hope no more than 400 opposing teams' fans are in attendance at each game. It'll happen... & you're free to do as you wish with what's yours (tickets). But for those fortunate enough to get access to BDS this season, please fill the limited seats with YELLOW JACKETS!

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I only hope no more than 400 opposing teams' fans are in attendance at each game. It'll happen... & you're free to do as you wish with what's yours (tickets). But for those fortunate enough to get access to BDS this season, please fill the limited seats with YELLOW JACKETS!
If we go through with a season, I definitely think the allure of what I’m sure will be high resale value for the ND game (and possibly the Clemson game) will mean that lots more (than 400) opposing teams’ fans will find their way into BDS.