Stansbury comments on season tickets

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
If we go through with a season, I definitely think the allure of what I’m sure will be high resale value for the ND game (and possibly the Clemson game) will mean that lots more (than 400) opposing teams’ fans will find their way into BDS.
I don't think it will be possible to resell the tickets. Or, at the very least, pretty difficult and inconvenient

In order to allow for contactless entry to Bobby Dodd Stadium and Institute-controlled parking lots, all 2020 Georgia Tech football tickets and parking passes will be delivered electronically to the ticket holder’s mobile device. Tickets and parking passes will not be available by mail nor will fans have the option to print tickets/passes at home. Contactless tickets and parking passes are similar to traditional event tickets, but easier to use and more secure.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think it will be possible to resell the tickets. Or, at the very least, pretty difficult and inconvenient

BDS (and other stadiums) have been using mobile tickets for a while now. Lots of tickets bought on StubHub and similar sites have been mobile only for quite some time too. It’s just going to be mandatory this year. It’s always been possible to send your mobile ticket to anyone prior to this year, so I don’t see why it would be any different now.

BDS (and other stadiums) have been using mobile tickets for a while now. Lots of tickets bought on StubHub and similar sites have been mobile only for quite some time too. It’s just going to be mandatory this year. It’s always been possible to send your mobile ticket to anyone prior to this year, so I don’t see why it would be any different now.
Probably a bit harder for some fans to do than for others less savvy in such matters, but definitely possible

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Probably a bit harder for some fans to do than for others less savvy in such matters, but definitely possible

Ehhh...if it’s anything like it has been, it’s not hard at all really. Can do it right from your online ticket portal. Send via email or straight to mobile. Again, if it’s anything like before, all they are looking for at the gate is that QR code/bar code to scan on your phone. Doesn’t really matter how it gets there. I’ve even seen people use a screenshot saved to their photos to be scanned at gates.
I actually expect scalping/reselling to be an even more attractive option to those lucky enough to get tickets to any college football game this year. With the very limited number of seats available, in person seats are obviously going to be hard to come by. You know how close I live to Athens, and in my line of work there are people with a lot of money. I’ve already heard some of my customers stating they are willing to pay $2000+ for INDIVIDUAL SEATS to UGA games this year. I have a customer who’s told me he already has an agreement with a season ticket holder to pay them $1500 A SEAT for his UGA/Auburn tickets, and feels like it’s a great deal. I’ve already had a ND fan customer state they’d pay me $800 per ticket for any amount of tickets I wanted to give up (if i even get any) for the GT/ND game.

If games actually get off the ground this year and we do have some/all played, I fully expect to see/hear of people paying truly astronomical prices for tickets. Especially among the football crazy SEC schools. I had customers paying $1100/$1300 a ticket for UGA/ND game last year, and that was with full capacity in Sanford. I think resale prices are gonna be nuts this year.

Ehhh...if it’s anything like it has been, it’s not hard at all really. Can do it right from your online ticket portal. Send via email or straight to mobile. Again, if it’s anything like before, all they are looking for at the gate is that QR code/bar code to scan on your phone. Doesn’t really matter how it gets there. I’ve even seen people use a screenshot saved to their photos to be scanned at gates.
I actually expect scalping/reselling to be an even more attractive option to those lucky enough to get tickets to any college football game this year. With the very limited number of seats available, in person seats are obviously going to be hard to come by. You know how close I live to Athens, and in my line of work there are people with a lot of money. I’ve already heard some of my customers stating they are willing to pay $2000+ for INDIVIDUAL SEATS to UGA games this year. I have a customer who’s told me he already has an agreement with a season ticket holder to pay them $1500 A SEAT for his UGA/Auburn tickets, and feels like it’s a great deal. I’ve already had a ND fan customer state they’d pay me $800 per ticket for any amount of tickets I wanted to give up (if i even get any) for the GT/ND game.

If games actually get off the ground this year and we do have some/all played, I fully expect to see/hear of people paying truly astronomical prices for tickets. Especially among the football crazy SEC schools. I had customers paying $1100/$1300 a ticket for UGA/ND game last year, and that was with full capacity in Sanford. I think resale prices are gonna be nuts this year.
I think you overestimate the abilities of some people to do electronic stuff, but yes, it is easy to do it.
Based on the astronomical amounts of money paid on the "market" for Masters tickets, it doesn't surprise me that some are willing to spend big bucks for football tickets too. But, other than Auburn, the mutts' home schedule is pretty weak, unless UT re-emerges this year. I can't see why anyone would pay the prices you stated for Vandy and Miss State. They obviously have more money than they know what to do with.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I think you overestimate the abilities of some people to do electronic stuff, but yes, it is easy to do it.
Based on the astronomical amounts of money paid on the "market" for Masters tickets, it doesn't surprise me that some are willing to spend big bucks for football tickets too. But, other than Auburn, the mutts' home schedule is pretty weak, unless UT re-emerges this year. I can't see why anyone would pay the prices you stated for Vandy and Miss State. They obviously have more money than they know what to do with.

When I say it’s not hard, I mean it’s really not hard. Lol. Again, as long as it’s like before. It’s right there when you log in to your ticket account on your phone (or online).
E6915A7E-C396-4ADC-8C85-5D57B8E89984.jpeg

When I say it’s not hard, I mean it’s really not hard. Lol. Again, as long as it’s like before. It’s right there when you log in to your ticket account on your phone (or online).
View attachment 8809
Dang, that is easy. I have not used the electronic ticket in the past, so I didn't know. Even so though, I bet there are some who wouldn't be able to figure it out. LOL

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I see that is/can be easy to transfer.
Now for the most important part. How I get paid for the tickets?

Venmo, PayPal, cash, Zelle....you pick. Or if you want more security at a cost, use a broker like StubHub/Vivid Seats/etc. Where there’s money to be made, this stuff has long since been figured out.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I just went in there and the entire stadium is green except for the lower north endzone. I’m guessing that’s the student section. I’m not seeing what you’re seeing.
Were you able to access this through a mobile device? Or must I use a computer? Tried on mobile and didn't see the 2020 seat relocation in my account.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Looks like it might have been edited out, but it was at the bottom with the revised schedule part. So maybe they will wait until OUR fans get the seats they want and then release the visiting tix. $EC is doing 500 visiting tix, which covers the players fam.

There are some teams...Duke comes to mind that the 500 limit is about what they bring to Atlanta. I think Tech should limit UGA and Clemson to 5000 max.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I have two seats and probably pick nearly last.

Spent a few minutes on the sight figuring out how it will work. For two-seat blocks I counted it up; there are 800 pairs of seats.

The lower level has 331 pairs of seats; Lower West has 115 pairs, Lower East 96, South Stands 120.

The upper level has 469; Upper West has 166 pairs, Upper North 245 and Upper East 58.

Apparently the social distance is three seats on the same row with every other row empty. That's probably 4 to 5 feet to your left and right with 2to 3 feet to your front or rear.

Lots of elbow room and plenty of room to stretch out. Many a time, I was in the north stands and had plenty of space just about like that. Never against Clemson, Auburn, UGA, or Tennessee though.

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
View attachment 8809
Ah, I was wondering if that would be the case. Like you said, it entirely depends on how it's all set up.

When I had the stinger pass for basketball, you had to be within x miles of McCamish Pavilion to get the QR code / ticket - that would be pretty difficult to sell online but I bet you could take a screenshot and email someone a code if you're scalping tickets outside.

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out - here's to hoping GT fans don't sell their tickets

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Ah, I was wondering if that would be the case. Like you said, it entirely depends on how it's all set up.

When I had the stinger pass for basketball, you had to be within x miles of McCamish Pavilion to get the QR code / ticket - that would be pretty difficult to sell online but I bet you could take a screenshot and email someone a code if you're scalping tickets outside.

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out - here's to hoping GT fans don't sell their tickets

I had a Stinger Mobile pass for basketball this past season as well. Yes, there was a difference like you stated....for the Stinger Pass, you had to be within X miles of the campus to log in and download your ticket(s), and those did not have a "transfer" option in the app/web page. It was the same way for the football variant as far as I've seen with people that I've known who have utilized it for football. However, season tickets have always been yours to do with as you wish, and transfer/allow others to use. Prior to the "transfer" option, you could simply log in and request a digital ticket/QR code be sent to your email address. You could then just forward that email to anyone you wanted, friend, family member, or someone you sold the ticket to. The person it was transferred to could then just present the code in the forwarded email to the scanner at the gate.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Were you able to access this through a mobile device? Or must I use a computer? Tried on mobile and didn't see the 2020 seat relocation in my account.
I used an iPad. You basically click on the seat selection option, then you get a screen that says something about available seats, up pops up the seating chart with basically all green and then if you click somewhere like lower east you get a row by row green for available and red for unavailable picture.