Stansbury comments on season tickets

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Never mind. Just read the mask policy. Not going this year...I'm not arguing the mask thing with anyone - I realize it's a CYA thing, but if you socially distance, why are we doing masks outside again?

Because it doesn't hurt and it might help? You're going to be sitting in one spot and if the air is stagnant or you are downwind from someone, you might be happy they're wearing one.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
So I got the email with my timeslot to choose my seats as a season ticket holder. I know I'm in the VERY back of the pile, but I'm wondering if there will be seats since I do have a slot. Anyone know if they just sent slots to everyone and are looking for attrition in this process or if you got a slot you still get at least a chance to get your tix?
Mine is September 8th and 9:43am.

I have a feeling no seats will be left, or they will be seats we don't care to keep.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Because it doesn't hurt and it might help? You're going to be sitting in one spot and if the air is stagnant or you are downwind from someone, you might be happy they're wearing one.
I realize it is a CYA policy. Just not interested in going now. Very disappointed to lose the season, but there probably won't be any seats left by the time it gets to my slot anyway. I know others believe the masks work, and good for them. I'm not arguing that point. Just not going to wear one outside for 4 hours.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
I realize it is a CYA policy. Just not interested in going now. Very disappointed to lose the season, but there probably won't be any seats left by the time it gets to my slot anyway. I know others believe the masks work, and good for them. I'm not arguing that point. Just not going to wear one outside for 4 hours.

If by others, you mean scientists who have done studies and medical professionals... then yes, others believe it. It's a CYA policy in the same way schools requiring vaccines is a CYA policy.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

But if the air is stagnate, how will the virus come near you? And if it does come near you, rememeber that outside it is dissipated quickly, much like a fart. If I fart in BDS, only about 6 people around me will smell it. And that is without social distancing. So if a Varsity Chili dog fart is dissipated quickly, common sense is that the virus will too. So, The GTAA rules are strictly CYA. Again, if the masks work, why do we need to social distance, and if social distancing works, why do we need to wear masks? And since the people we are next to in the stadium will be from the same household/carpool, why are masks needed?

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
But if the air is stagnate, how will the virus come near you? And if it does come near you, rememeber that outside it is dissipated quickly, much like a fart. If I fart in BDS, only about 6 people around me will smell it. And that is without social distancing. So if a Varsity Chili dog fart is dissipated quickly, common sense is that the virus will too. So, The GTAA rules are strictly CYA. Again, if the masks work, why do we need to social distance, and if social distancing works, why do we need to wear masks? And since the people we are next to in the stadium will be from the same household/carpool, why are masks needed?

If condoms work, why not have sex with a crackwhore with HIV? The best preventative is avoidance, but doesn't mean you can't take extra precautions. If your farts only affect the 6 people around you, that's minor leagues bruh.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Yeah and why do we have speed limits AND seat belt laws for driving? Or why do people buy alarm systems AND locks for their homes/cars? When in the history of mankind has limiting risk in more than one way made sense?

SMH people being offended by doing what science and medicine show improves the safety of both you and those around you is one of the more confusing parts in all of this for me.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Yeah and why do we have speed limits AND seat belt laws for driving? Or why do people buy alarm systems AND locks for their homes/cars? When in the history of mankind has limiting risk in more than one way made sense?

SMH people being offended by doing what science and medicine show improves the safety of both you and those around you is one of the more confusing parts in all of this for me.

So why can't I wear the vented style mask that prevents the covid from contaminating me? Why must I wear a mask that doesn't prevent the contaminated air from getting to me?

My point is I'm in full agreement that the policy is 100% CYA for the GTAA. It's our only way of having football but it doesn't mean it's not stupid.

If condoms work, why not have sex with a crackwhore with HIV? The best preventative is avoidance, but doesn't mean you can't take extra precautions. If your farts only affect the 6 people around you, that's minor leagues bruh.

You can have sex with a crackwhore with HIV (but I'm not gonna use a personal attack).

But the extra precautions, once in our secluded seats, are dumb.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
So I got the email with my timeslot to choose my seats as a season ticket holder. I know I'm in the VERY back of the pile, but I'm wondering if there will be seats since I do have a slot. Anyone know if they just sent slots to everyone and are looking for attrition in this process or if you got a slot you still get at least a chance to get your tix?

My understanding is that all season ticket holders have been a time slot except for those that had specifically opted out for this year.

Does anyone know when the first day that STH can start to select seats?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
BTW :beercheers:🍻:beercheers:🍻
" for the first time, Georgia Tech athletics will sell alcohol in general seating areas of Bobby Dodd Stadium this year. This follows the introduction of a pilot program at Georgia Tech baseball’s Russ Chandler Stadium, which was successful in its implementation before the cancellation of the final two months of the baseball season last spring. For the full Bobby Dodd Stadium alcohol policies, click HERE. ":beercheers:

MidtownJacket

Staff member
So why can't I wear the vented style mask that prevents the covid from contaminating me? Why must I wear a mask that doesn't prevent the contaminated air from getting to me?

My point is I'm in full agreement that the policy is 100% CYA for the GTAA. It's our only way of having football but it doesn't mean it's not stupid.

You can have sex with a crackwhore with HIV (but I'm not gonna use a personal attack).

But the extra precautions, once in our secluded seats, are dumb.

You're still able to wear a nonvented N95, which would protect you the most (and more so than cloth or fabric vented masks.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Busted-Fauci.jpg

c3a35edc-7892-469d-84c1-006299865f88_1140x641.jpg

So I guess we will have to kick this guy out of BDS. The rules state only when eating and drinking can the mask be off. He's doing neither. And look, he's also in the shade, which there is not a whole lot of at BDS@HGF for noon kickoffs. So just imagine wearing that mask under the hotlanta sun and humidity.

I guess when I'm at the games, once in my seat I'll just pull my mask down and constantly say "I'm fixing to take a sip of water". Small sips can make a 1 liter bottle last a long while, almost a full game. 🤷‍♂️

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
So I guess we will have to kick this guy out of BDS. The rules state only when eating and drinking can the mask be off. He's doing neither. And look, he's also in the shade, which there is not a whole lot of at BDS@HGF for noon kickoffs. So just imagine wearing that mask under the hotlanta sun and humidity.

I guess when I'm at the games, once in my seat I'll just pull my mask down and constantly say "I'm fixing to take a sip of water". Small sips can make a 1 liter bottle last a long while, almost a full game. 🤷‍♂️

Do what you gotta do. Considering MLB wasn't allowing fan attendance at all, I bet he had that stadium almost to himself (which won't be the case at BDS). But good job finding a picture on the internet. Either way, I'm sure if wearing a mask is extremely difficult, they probably make exceptions for those with disabilities.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
View attachment 8805
View attachment 8806

haha I mean that is an unfortunate photo of Dr. Fauci.. Nits have indeed been picked with the Nats game.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Get in your seat>take your mask off>someone gives you ****(which they won’t)>”I’m in the middle of my beer”. Edit-I guess TT already stated this.

Why are y’all still acting like it’s so freaking tough? Grow a pair and quit bitching about a minor inconvenience. A mask isn’t oppression or taking your freedom away. It’s common sense. Do you wear a seatbelt?