Stansbury comments on season tickets

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The same "medical professionals" who used a bogus computer model to predict 2 million US deaths?
Now, now. That prediction was based on no mitigation efforts to speak of and a willingness to let the thing run wild. It also had a long time horizon. If we hadn't shut down - we ought to again - then chances are it would have been that bad.

I suspect that when we get the fire put out we'll find that the virus killed around 600K people, about the same as the 1918 flu epidemic. It always takes awhile to get the records in line after a pandemic.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I don't see any mention of visiting fans in that article.

Looks like it might have been edited out, but it was at the bottom with the revised schedule part. So maybe they will wait until OUR fans get the seats they want and then release the visiting tix. $EC is doing 500 visiting tix, which covers the players fam.

LibertyTurns

Banned
It is interesting when you go on the seat selection site how few seats are actually there for your specific quantity (I have 2 Season Tickets). They have spaced different quantity seats across the sections (so 2, 4, 6, 8 seats together) and skipped rows of seats. It will be interesting to see how many people might opt out once they see what seats are left when their date and time for selection comes up.
I just went in there and the entire stadium is green except for the lower north endzone. I’m guessing that’s the student section. I’m not seeing what you’re seeing.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I just went in there and the entire stadium is green except for the lower north endzone. I’m guessing that’s the student section. I’m not seeing what you’re seeing.

If you’re looking at the most distant top-down view, all sections are green because they have available seating located in them. It’s only when you click a specific section that you actually see how few seats are available. I don’t expect to actually have any avail seats left either by the time i actually make it to my selection time.

If you’re looking at the most distant top-down view, all sections are green because they have available seating located in them. It’s only when you click a specific section that you actually see how few seats are available. I don’t expect to actually have any avail seats left either by the time i actually make it to my selection time.
Did you decide to try to get tickets, or are you still hoping to use your Stinger Pass?

herb

Helluva Engineer
if no or limited student passes this year, do you think it is an option to buy a stinger pass still? My son will want to go but student tix are looking iffy. Should I go ahead and buy one or do y’all think it is too late?

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
BTW :beercheers:🍻:beercheers:🍻
" for the first time, Georgia Tech athletics will sell alcohol in general seating areas of Bobby Dodd Stadium this year. This follows the introduction of a pilot program at Georgia Tech baseball’s Russ Chandler Stadium, which was successful in its implementation before the cancellation of the final two months of the baseball season last spring. For the full Bobby Dodd Stadium alcohol policies, click HERE. ":beercheers:
I’m quite confident that the Russ Chandler alcohol experiment was successful because I attended one game last Spring, before the season was cancelled.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Thanks & yikes. Looks like I’m getting kicked back upstairs after finally lucking out and snagging chairbacks.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Again, if the masks work, why do we need to social distance, and if social distancing works, why do we need to wear masks? And since the people we are next to in the stadium will be from the same household/carpool, why are masks needed?
Because it will make a cool photo 100 years from now. Other than that, I have no idea. I don't understand how people think the virus will spread outdoors. Add in social distancing and it isn't going to happen. That said, I'll be at the games with a mask on like a good little boy.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer

Milwaukee

Banned
Not happy about that, i'd rather us cater to as many Tech fans as possible, but I guess we need to let players parents come to games.

Every school is doing this as far as I know, as they should. It’d be a pr*ck move not to. For example, Mason’s and Juanyeh’s parents should be allowed to attend every away game if they so choose. But I get where you’re coming from overall.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Did you decide to try to get tickets, or are you still hoping to use your Stinger Pass?

I never gave up my season ticket option. I still don’t know if I’m going, but at least want to see what seat options are available before I make a decision. I’ve never have a stinger pass for football.