Stansbury comments on season tickets

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Heard just a short comment by Todd this morning on radio. He said that Tech was considering any season ticket holders that opted out for health reasons, their tickets would be donated to the A.A. I might have been half asleep and didn't hear correctly. Anyone know about this?

Ramblin Wreckt

Georgia Tech Fan
Heard just a short comment by Todd this morning on radio. He said that Tech was considering any season ticket holders that opted out for health reasons, their tickets would be donated to the A.A. I might have been half asleep and didn't hear correctly. Anyone know about this?

As far as I know, that was an option, to donate the "tickets" (aka the amount of $ you spent on them) to the GTAA. But, it was not mandatory. Could request full refund to yourself, or partial refund and partial donation, whatever you want.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Believe that was the same interview related to this AJC article. The premise is that GTAA needs people to keep their money committed to avoid the massive budget shortfall. We are cutting back on number of season tickets but donating the difference.

Believe that was the same interview related to this AJC article. The premise is that GTAA needs people to keep their money committed to avoid the massive budget shortfall. We are cutting back on number of season tickets but donating the difference.

Maybe I'm a little selfish but I expect my money paid for 2020 season tickets to cover tickets this year or next year if this season doesn't happen or is cut short.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I'm a little selfish but I expect my money paid for 2020 season tickets to cover tickets this year or next year if this season doesn't happen or is cut short.

To each his own, and I'm sure others will do the same. After hearing the message from ADTS, our family felt it was important to do our part to help GT not take a step back. The upside is that it counts as a tax-deductible donation, so there's still a personal benefit to us.

To each his own, and I'm sure others will do the same. After hearing the message from ADTS, our family felt it was important to do our part to help GT not take a step back. The upside is that it counts as a tax-deductible donation, so there's still a personal benefit to us.

I look at it this way. Ma Tech is making a self serving decision, deciding to put health over ticket sales. I do respect that.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
On their survey I chose to go ahead and use my tickets this year. Probably going to wind up being a donation. I got an email reading "The Georgia Tech Athletic Association is sending you a gift in appreciation of your support". Nice gesture on their part and I appreciate their kind response. However, except for family needs or GT football, I'm a cheapskate. I don't want to come across as being critical, but this is the time to save money. Don't waste money on gifts and shipping costs. Save your money GTAA.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
There was also the "Roll 'em forward to 2021" for tickets & GT Fund. IOW, 2021 is pre-paid. All you had to do was ask or say that's what you wanted to do.

And yes, I checked my "My Account" for F21 to make sure that's what's being shown.

CheCha54

Georgia Tech Fan
That's what I decided to do. Don't believe that is selfish, everyone can make a seperate donation to the AA anytime they choose.
Everyone has different tax situations. In my case I no longer itemize, but have a charitable giving account that I can use to make donations. I opted for a refund and will donate separately.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Of course that assumes that your total defections are greater than the standard deduction... Some individuals and families won't come close to that threshold.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Has GT come out with any "official" statement on fans at BDS? I know they have not put out a specific plan... but have they eliminated any option. Or is anything from 0 fans to max ticket sales still on table?

I don't believe any final plans have been put out by any ACC schools, was thinking about that the other day- have to imagine that has to come out soon if they really think they are playing Sept 12.

i would put the range at 0 to 20%.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't believe any final plans have been put out by any ACC schools, was thinking about that the other day- have to imagine that has to come out soon if they really think they are playing Sept 12.

Gov Cooper said none of the NC colleges have reached out to his office regarding football and he is not commenting about it until he hears what they want to do. Right now, as I read our current restrictions, fans would not be allowed. The sidelines are also going to be an issue.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck

Any thoughts on if we’d still open suites? Would be limited fans in each, controllable, and opportunity to make $$$ with limited attendance.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
So I got the email with my timeslot to choose my seats as a season ticket holder. I know I'm in the VERY back of the pile, but I'm wondering if there will be seats since I do have a slot. Anyone know if they just sent slots to everyone and are looking for attrition in this process or if you got a slot you still get at least a chance to get your tix?

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
So I got the email with my timeslot to choose my seats as a season ticket holder. I know I'm in the VERY back of the pile, but I'm wondering if there will be seats since I do have a slot. Anyone know if they just sent slots to everyone and are looking for attrition in this process or if you got a slot you still get at least a chance to get your tix?
Seems like there will be ~11k allowed in this year, and if you aren't happy eoth the options, or seats are sold out, then you will get a refund. No information about student season tickets that I have seen.