Spring Practice

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I like it with everybody but quarterbacks. Imagine losing your starting quarterback because he was playing defense in spring.
It even happened to Coach - loaded w qb then the best we had was an AB . Jones atritted due to quiting, Mathews due to injury but graduating , and Lucas johnson was not ready.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'd be surprised if CGC had his top 2 QB's practicing at another position, especially given that he doesn't have a clear #1.

Who knows? Maybe he hurt his hand by reaching for a box of cereal and accidentally knocked his George Foreman grill onto his hand. I mean, there was a UGA player a while back who pulled a hammy doing laundry ...

Probably another victim of s scooter :)

DenverJacket56

Georgia Tech Fan
Love that clip. Fingers crossed LJ stays healthy because from the outside looking in, he looks to be performing and we all know from past Spring games that he has wheels. Camp looks like a beast.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Love that clip. Fingers crossed LJ stays healthy because from the outside looking in, he looks to be performing and we all know from past Spring games that he has wheels. Camp looks like a beast.
I’m pulling for LJ. He’s always looked like a very strong passer in spring practices and very athletic. Graham looked ultra athletic when he got into the VT game, so I’m hoping we get them both on the field at the same time. We’d have great potential for some trick plays which we might need depending on what this coaching staff can get out of our guys in the trenches.

beerbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
I have been around football most of my life. And let me tell that is a while! I have never seen a head coach open up his coaching staff to in depth interviews like this coach. But I can see why. They are ALL very impressive! They know what they are doing and can communicate very well. It may take a few years, but they will turn out a fine product.
@Skeptic

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Do we really know he is hurt ? or is this a rumor ?

GTFletch said if you looked closely in the background of a video you could see a cast on his throwing hand. Board speculation took it from there. (Far as I know, nothing else.).

Since it's April 20th and real football news is 4 months away, let's go full Zapruder on this:

upload_2019-4-20_10-31-8.png

upload_2019-4-20_10-31-40.png

Definitely looks like a cast in the first view. With his thumb held stiff out wide. But IMHO, in the second it looks like it could just be a sleeve, and a glove or tape wrap. Thumb is down and tighter in. Not a "cast" indicating a tear or break. My $.02.