Spring Practice

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I missed it, but I'm surprised we aren't talking about Josh Blancato. Collins just confirmed what Taquon told us last year, that "JB" might be the fastest guy on the team. None of us wanted to believe he was talking about a walkon. I even searched the roster for scholarship guys with first initial J and middle initial B and found Askew, but I think I was wrong. Data doesn't lie. Our high tech instrumentation indicates that Blancato and A. Brown are registering the quickest change of direction, acceleration, and speed. Collins said Blancato is above the line. He's gotta be the surprise player from spring ball.

Edit: I see that @Techster did give him a mention

slugboy

Staff member
He will be playing WR, they moved him there so he could cross train at another position like almost every other recruit has done.

I’m a huge fan of cross training DBs with WRs. I’ve seen so many DBs that can’t catch or don’t know how to anticipate the routes. I’ve seen so many WRs that don’t know how to run a good route or sell a fake or defend their own pass.
It drives me nuts when a receiver stops on a hook or other route and waits on the ball, and then the DB just pounces. WRs need to think a little like DBs and defend their space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I’m a huge fan of cross training DBs with WRs. I’ve seen so many DBs that can’t catch or don’t know how to anticipate the routes. I’ve seen so many WRs that don’t know how to run a good route or sell a fake or defend their own pass.
It drives me nuts when a receiver stops on a hook or other route and waits on the ball, and then the DB just pounces. WRs need to think a little like DBs and defend their space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree, that’s why guys like Julio Jones, and our very own Calvin Johnson are/were so dominant. They are masters at running routes and using body position/leverage.

techman

Georgia Tech Fan
It is NOT 'amazing'....
that Jeezy is at practice. Questionable, yes--- but certainly not 'amazing'. Why would anyone think having that spewer of toxic, perverted, foul music/ideas/culture is 'amazing'? This is not a good thing to perpetuate among the Georgia Tech athletes. I'm disappointed that our coaching staff would include this trash culture at practice---but I'm not surprised.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
It is NOT 'amazing'....
that Jeezy is at practice. Questionable, yes--- but certainly not 'amazing'. Why would anyone think having that spewer of toxic, perverted, foul music/ideas/culture is 'amazing'? This is not a good thing to perpetuate among the Georgia Tech athletes. I'm disappointed that our coaching staff would include this trash culture at practice---but I'm not surprised.
:rolleyes:

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
It is NOT 'amazing'....

Oh lord here we go...the kids sure as hell seem to enjoy it. But you’re right next time they should invite the cast of Frozen. A lot more PC

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
It is NOT 'amazing'....

200.gif