Spring Practice

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Not expecting any miracles against Clemson but if anybody gives us a fighter’s chance, it’s this new coaching staff and the energy that comes with it. Our boys will be hyped to play

slugboy

Staff member
Even though we’re changing everything on O, I’m still way more concerned about the D. The front 7 scares the hell out of me.

Based on last year, and on back through maybe 2010, I see where you’re coming from. There are reasons to think we’d step back this year. I think we’ll improve significantly. I don’t think we’ll be top 25, but I am guessing around 50, which would be better than we’ve seen in a long time.

Some of the ex-players watched a practice recently. I know they’re sworn not to post videos, but maybe they saw enough from the practice to give us a feeling how the front 6 or 7 look these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Based on last year, and on back through maybe 2010, I see where you’re coming from. There are reasons to think we’d step back this year. I think we’ll improve significantly. I don’t think we’ll be top 25, but I am guessing around 50, which would be better than we’ve seen in a long time.

Some of the ex-players watched a practice recently. I know they’re sworn not to post videos, but maybe they saw enough from the practice to give us a feeling how the front 6 or 7 look these days.

Considering the fact that our OL is relearning everything they know as well, I don't know that we'll really have any answers on DL until we play in the fall.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I’m positive they can still run block.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So am I. What we don't know is how well they pass block. It's the catch-22 every spring. Is the OL good and the DL bad, or vice versa. I have every confidence that our staff can get them ready for fall. I'm just not certain the answers will be apparent this spring.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer

I just spoke to an ex letter winner who attended the legends on the Flats get together and boy was he impressed !

He came with an impression that the staff has these kids so pumped and energized that they are ready to go to war for theit team mates.

He said CGC told them
"Once the horn goes off (at practice )
you will see organized chaos at its best!"
He said the energy was like nothing he has ever seen!
The were doing Oklahoma wide open!

He also yielded praise for LJ
and Malachi Carter.

That's a lot coming from this individual.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Interesting turn of events regarding Faculty/Staff appreciation day (this came via email around 4:30 today):

IMPORTANT LOCATION CHANGE

Coach Geoff Collins is inviting you to attend Spring football practice on Saturday, April 6 at the Rose Bowl Practice Fields & Brock Indoor Facility. Come check out the team first hand with this exclusive invite to attend practice.

Due to the location change, access to the event will be on a first come, first served basis with a limited capacity.

All attendees are asked to enter through the Rose Bowl Field gate on Fowler Street at 6th Street intersection (adjacent to Russ Chandler Stadium).

Practice will begin at approximately 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 6.

Faculty/Staff must have valid BuzzCard for entry to practice.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know if one of the Morgans has been moved to DL? Thought I heard Marco Coleman call out a Morgan name and saw a gold number 60 which is listed as Brad Morgan on a roster that is maybe a month old.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know if one of the Morgans has been moved to DL? Thought I heard Marco Coleman call out a Morgan name and saw a gold number 60 which is listed as Brad Morgan on a roster that is maybe a month old.
I do know he was moved for a turn on dl then was not listed at last practice. His brother Scott has had a couple days at center w cooper at guard.
W the extreme shortage at dt (assuming we rotate in backups) our guards could see some time on defense. Our GCG guys have learned to fire out low and engage their ou opponent.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting turn of events regarding Faculty/Staff appreciation day (this came via email around 4:30 today):

IMPORTANT LOCATION CHANGE

Coach Geoff Collins is inviting you to attend Spring football practice on Saturday, April 6 at the Rose Bowl Practice Fields & Brock Indoor Facility. Come check out the team first hand with this exclusive invite to attend practice.

Due to the location change, access to the event will be on a first come, first served basis with a limited capacity.

All attendees are asked to enter through the Rose Bowl Field gate on Fowler Street at 6th Street intersection (adjacent to Russ Chandler Stadium).

Practice will begin at approximately 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 6.

Faculty/Staff must have valid BuzzCard for entry to practice.
I thought faculty/staff appreciation day was yesterday and Saturday was student appreciation day?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Look at who's retweeting...

Wow, he s a fan of our site!
Hope we are all followers of his twitter account. I have really enjoyed the information and pictures of gt football.

Since first of year his account has increased from 29.4 is thousand followers to 34.8.

Hope we get a picture w coach w the swarm folks that are happy he is here.