Spring Practice

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
DBs have been the best recruited position over the last several years. I don't mean good for GT...I mean, DBs that can be All-Conference type players. There's next level talent in that group. Will be interesting to see them in press-man with an aggressive defense. CGC takes pride in coaching up DBs like Saban does.

One of the things that will develp over the next year or two is guys who probably didn't fit into CPJ's system become stars because they fit better in the new staff's system. Much like Sean Bedford who was a scout team DL for Gailey, but a 2 year All ACC OL for CPJ.

Biggest winners in the new system no doubt will be some WRs where I believe we have the talent. Biggest losers are the previous ABs. The team needs for some LBs and pass rushers to become stars (where we may or may not have the talent). Hopefully we will see more standouts on special teams where we should have the talent.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Biggest winners in the new system no doubt will be some WRs where I believe we have the talent. Biggest losers are the previous ABs. The team needs for some LBs and pass rushers to become stars (where we may or may not have the talent). Hopefully we will see more standouts on special teams where we should have the talent.

Jalen Camp looks like an absolute beast. I think him on the outside with Nate in the slot will be a common sight. Calling it now that Jalen and Adonicas will be starters when we take the field at Clemson.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Jalen Camp looks like an absolute beast. I think him on the outside with Nate in the slot will be a common sight. Calling it now that Jalen and Adonicas will be starters when we take the field at Clemson.
Im not sure nates not going to be in the backfield. He runs hard north and south.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Im not sure nates not going to be in the backfield. He runs hard north and south.

He’s by far the fastest guy we have and can catch. I’ll be shocked if he isn’t in the slot especially with all of our other rb’s like Benson and Mason.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
He’s by far the fastest guy we have and can catch. I’ll be shocked if he isn’t in the slot especially with all of our other rb’s like Benson and Mason.

There are two kinds of thinking when it comes to slot recievers.

Theres the burner running seam over and over again (taylor gabriel) and screens. Then theres the guy running option routes, slants, etc "wes welker" type. (Brad stewart would have lived here) Since we only have a transfer tight end. Expect us to do both.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We have some smart guys on our roster, so they will learn what they have to learn. Executing it will have to follow. This will be a very interesting process.

Just from what I am hearing, the transition is ahead of schedule will some position groups. Most encouraging is QB.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Very strange that I don't think I saw one QB throw the ball (where you could see the motion) in that entire video? But, it was about Coach P, not really the QB's.

Tobias threw a lazer down the seam for a completion ("Good throw TO!"). Ball came from a high point, so at least we know there's no wanky 3/4 motion going on.

Apparently the video is from last Thursday, not Sunday as Patenaude says they did well for their 2nd practice.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Really loving this squad. I feel like the swag/attitude is gonna be crazy on the field, especially on D. Gonna be fun watching.

It will be if the play matches! I think this staff has the right amount of fire to make sure the guys don’t write checks with behavior or attitude that they can’t cash via skill on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milwaukee

Banned
It will be if the play matches! I think this staff has the right amount of fire to make sure the guys don’t write checks with behavior or attitude that they can’t cash via skill on the field.

Absolutely, it won't be as fun if we aren't dominating. I just like the hype mentality man, let's have some fun and get after people! That's all I want as a fan.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Also really like Thacker talking about the Cruzer being cool as long as the kids don’t think it is cheesy. This staff is awesome and I am excited to see them relating to the kids in a way that is about firing them up.

It’s not cool to be silly but it is cool to have fun while doing work. They seem to get that.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Nothing against him, but Grham is the most talented of the group. If he has the brains for the game with reading the defenses ect, he will be the starter (grades staying good as well)

Talent doesn't always win out. UGA QB situation is proof of that. Both Jacob Eason and Justin Fields are MUCH more physically talented than Fromm...but Fromm managed to hang on to the job after Eason was hurt, and Fields could never earn real playing time. Fromm caused both QBs, who were both #1 QB recruits in their respective classes, to transfer out.

We saw it ourselves with Vad Lee and Tevin Washington.

I still think Tobias's best position is WR, but if no one can beat him out at QB good for him. There's talent at QB, which means Tobias will be a good QB for us if he manages to stay at QB1.