Spring Practice

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Just my less than uneducated opinion, I think the offense will be fine. Coach Pat has the QB with the skill sets for his offense already on campus. It maybe a little rough at first particularly with who we playing but just judging from the various skill positions I think the offense won’t have a huge drop off. Maybe even more explosive.

My concern is defense. Specifically the front 7.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
Not surprised to hear about Cooksey and Tukes moving. Neither was likely to see playing time on D... perhaps can at least give us some depth at TE and maybe get in the field a little there.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Fine. J Thomas is our best player. But who on this roster has honestly “proved” themself to you? Maybe Benson because he rushed for 1000 yards in 2017? But honeslty, after what I saw in the final 2 games of last season, not a single player other than Thomas has demonstrated anything.
But all more than Graham. I'm not saying it isn't possible, I just don't like putting any guy at the head of the class who hasn't done a thing yet.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
QB entails a lot more than just talent. If Graham doesn't win outright, I imagine we'll put together a package just for him even though whoever is number one will be running plenty. I think Graham could flex at back/receiver in his package.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Some interesting notes from today's practice. Quarterbacks, plural, seemed to throw the ball well.
Oh and we have something that I prefer for it not to be red though. "...a turnover bike, Oliver explained, in the vein of Miami’s turnover chain and other such novelties that have proliferated in college football. Or, as it was dubbed in a tweet from Thacker, the “Takeaway Cruzer” a one-speed with red tires with a face mask attached below the handlebars."

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...EPB1zPThuJ/amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Some interesting notes from today's practice. Quarterback seemed to throw the ball well.
Oh and we have something that I prefer for it not to be red though. "...a turnover bike, Oliver explained, in the vein of Miami’s turnover chain and other such novelties that have proliferated in college football. Or, as it was dubbed in a tweet from Thacker, the “Takeaway Cruzer” a one-speed with red tires with a face mask attached below the handlebars."

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...EPB1zPThuJ/amp.html?__twitter_impression=true
GOT TO GET RID OF THE RED TIRES !!!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Any one here know who the first 2 ol guys that have cross trained as dl?

I thought Hansen would be a good dt. Last year he played guard and stayed low w arms up and a wide leg drive. In the offseason videos he seems to have shed some pounds.