Spring Practice 2016 News & Notes

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
Per AJC (quoting CPJ) Simmons will be coming back and will be eligible. Thank God. . . one of my favorite players on this D.

That picture of Vic is crazy. . . I wouldn't want to be a BBack with 9 or 40 playing mike. those are some bad dudes

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Couple of takeaways from the Gaudin video. 1-Lynn is a freak of an athlete, if he can make that transition he can be a star. 2-Step Durham looks like a tank!!

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
I saw 4 of the 5 OL on their bellies as the play was moving away from them. None of them had the D with them on the ground. One wiffed on the trailing end. Not what we want to see.

That might have been by design, depending on what part of practice this is from. Notice too how all the DL back away at the snap. I wouldn't read too much into it. it was probably more an exercise in knowing the assignments and working on the first step for the linemen.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
From AJC -
"As of Saturday, the first-string line consisted of Will Bryan and Trey Klock at the tackles, Andrew Marshall and Griffin at the guard spots and walk-on Michael Muns at center. Center Freddie Burden, a two-year starter, is sitting out the spring after hand surgery earlier in the offseason."