Spring Practice 2016 News & Notes

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Today's Buzz: Quarterback Justin Thomas looked sharp during the skeleton passing period of Wednesday's practice. He found A-backs Isiah Willis and Clinton Lynch both down the right sideline and then wide receiver Antonio Messick deep over the middle on consecutive snaps.
I think Messick is a very fluid and smooth player and looking for him to play a role this year if he blocks well....

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Is Antonio Simmons still on the team? I don't recall hearing he left the team, but I don't see him listed on the current roster.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Screenshot_2016-04-02-12-21-54.png

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Format: Full pads with extended scrimmage period

Weather: high 50s, sunny with slight breeze

Today's Buzz: Practicing in full pads for the first time this spring, the Yellow Jackets spent the latter portion of this morning's session going 11-on-11 at Bobby Dodd Stadium. The offense and defense traded big plays throughout. Step Durham, Meiko Dotson and David Curry all recorded interceptions. A-back Austin McClellan scampered down the right sideline for a long touchdown run. Justin Thomas sliced through the middle of the defense and cut to the left corner for a score. Thomas later connected deep down the middle with Ricky Jeune, who eluded several defenders and picked up a key block by Brad Stewart to score. Backup kicker Shawn Davis ended today's practice with a 40-yard field goal.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/geot-spring-central-2016.html