Spring Practice 2016 News & Notes

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I thought Keshun Freeman looked bigger in the recent pictures from the first day of practice. I'm not sitting in class with him, but I dare say he has added some thickness to his upper body. His first two years he had the lower body of a 250 pounder and the upper body of a 220 pounder. That no longer seems to be the case.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
On another note, I hope this is the spring/year Kallon breaks out. Showed some flashes last season. Could be the difference maker on the d-line and depth if he is able to reach his inner potential. This is his last chance to finally prove himself.

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
Brad Stewart is 197, and 6'1". Let's not start another BS thread! Only had one day of spring practice so far- we will have plenty to talk, debate a BS (BS is BullSheet) about in the coming weeks!

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Really disappointed with Shamire.. Did he do anything besides eat during the break??? just poor

Since GT plays mostly the nickle I'm expecting bigger safeties and something of a rover position being created.
David Curry& Jalen Johnson comes to mind.

The Dline is still really light in the britches and has the size to get moved around up front just not by the Oline, who are equally small. (Outside of Devine)
The lack of size on both lines will come back to haunt GT.

I thought all of our projected Oline starters were over or very close to 300lb?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I didn't see this vid posted. The biggest takeaway for me is how good Keshun looks. He looks bigger in the upperbody and I imagine he's much stronger. You can really tell he's been working hard to improve himself physically. I'm excited to see how it pays off on the field.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Football is a TOUGH sport if you don't love it. Never made it past the HS level, but I can still remember the days of running sprints in the hot GA sun, getting yelled at by coaches, knocking heads with guys 30 lbs heavier and 2 years older than me, and feeling like I wanted to be anywhere else.

Then I would remember why I played football in the first place: Because it was something I loved, and I enjoyed competing and working to build something with my friends.

I hope Shamire truly loves the sport and has fire inside him to do what the coaches are asking. I hope he finds whatever it was that made him strap on the pads in the first place. More importantly, I hope he gets in shape for himself. From what I understand, he's a super nice guy and is just wired differently than the average college football player. Sometimes people get to a point that they realize the game isn't for them...I hope he hasn't gotten to that point yet. He's probably the most physically gifted player on the team...but sometimes that's a burden that isn't wanted.

When I think of Shamire, I always think back to the ACCCG against FSU. He was flat out dominant against future high round NFL players. Selfishly, I hope he puts it together and that's the guy we get in 2016.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
On another note, I hope this is the spring/year Kallon breaks out. Showed some flashes last season. Could be the difference maker on the d-line and depth if he is able to reach his inner potential. This is his last chance to finally prove himself.
I hope, I hope, I hope.