Spring Game Postgame Thread

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I was also but did not see Cottrell or did I miss him?

Cottrell was in shorts and holding up the what may have been the play call banner on the sidelines. Also in shorts Gantt, Benson, Gibbs, and at least 3 others. Johns was on a knee scooter. The others were walking around without a visible cast. T Davis and T Oliver also did not play but I did not see them on the sidelines. I also did not see Scott Morgan.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Cottrell was in shorts and holding up the what may have been the play call banner on the sidelines. Also in shorts Gantt, Benson, Gibbs, and at least 3 others. Johns was on a knee scooter. The others were walking around without a visible cast. T Davis and T Oliver also did not play but I did not see them on the sidelines. I also did not see Scott Morgan.

T Oliver was in a cast & sling. Livestream said it was a thumb injury.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
No similarity at all. The Sun Bowl gold was much darker and stood out more.

Agree but the sun bowl were also, how should I say it, a little drab looking.

These spring game Gold shirts are getting close, just not quite there.

Potential.

A fan had a mockup ( game vs pitt) a couple weeks ago from one of the sites that were beautiful to me.

Use as much Gold / White as possible .

Solid hat - just logo & no stripes but opposite color of shirts.

Oh man - long time till preseason camp :)

The band are also students, who qualify as other guests. We're at an impasse where navy blue shirts could be wrong, but also could be right.
When the school (GTAA) is giving out free stuff to the band, or to all students, somebody ought to have sense enough to match what they are giving out to what's being used on the field. I doubt very seriously that ND is supplying the band or students with green shirts today for the BLUE AND GOLD game.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When the school (GTAA) is giving out free stuff to the band, or to all students, somebody ought to have sense enough to match what they are giving out to what's being used on the field. I doubt very seriously that ND is supplying the band or students with green shirts today for the BLUE AND GOLD game.
From your seat did u see Hansen?
I think he was w TO and had arm in sling

Jacketnc

Georgia Tech Fan
1. I did not like the gold jersys at all without outlines on the numbers. Color OK.
2. We learned one thing for sure. We cannot play scoring offense out of the gun inside the 5. Only 1 of 8 on extra points and that was a run with the option pitch. Depressing! I hope that changes.
3. Way too much passing just put us in 3rd and long too much. Must have set a record for 3rd and more than 10.
4. Cannot really judge Graham. He was stopped often with the whistle after a touch and most times he looked like he could escape for a big play. He also had walk-ons and very inexperienced OL all night.
5. We seem to have plenty of playmaking depth at RB and WR and CB and several players shined. Safeties looked solid.
6. Our OL ATL crushed the DL ATL early in the scrimmage. It evened out more when the substituting in the line started.
7. I was surprised how many players did not participate (at least 6 to 8). Johns was in a knee scooter and the rest I saw were in shorts. I did not see T Oliver or T Davis at all.
8. We played a host of people at center but I did not see Cooper or Scott Morgan there.
9. Lantz, probably our #4 QB, played extremely well and delivered some nice passes under pressure. He did not excell however as a runner.
10. L Johnson showed a knack for hitting a RB or the TE over the middle on scramble plays to keep drives going. The other QBs were heaving a lot for the long score...and hit some!
11. Lot of positives and lots of negatives. A big step would be to have a short yardage and near the goal offense out of a power formation with the QB under center. Ideal for T Oliver.
12. TEs were not a disaster. Cooksey caught several key passes. I saw Tukes catch one. Macrina played a lot and looked the part.
13. Surprise players for me were Sanders, D. Smith, Lantz, A Brown, Cooksey, and Jarrett. Several players had a really good game but no surprise (RBs, WRs, and CBs + J Thomas)
Dude, Cooper played the entire second half at center after playing the first at LG. Morgan was out for the game.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

What were the results from today's Notre Dame Blue & Gold game?

The GTAA had enough sense to give out shirts that had juice, so it was actually a pretty good move. They were apparently an in-demand item, which would indicate nailing the target market.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Glad to see that you saw Kirvonte. Hope he's playing come August.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I hope that comment is TIC, or you have just gone on record as the poster child for how our fanbase holds this program back.

And, we have worn pink for breast cancer awareness, and we have played hip hop. I guess our program has no scruples, so I am in good company. I'm still proud to be a fan and an alum, even if other prima donnas are not.

It was TIC.

Go Jackets!

What were the results from today's Notre Dame Blue & Gold game?

The GTAA had enough sense to give out shirts that had juice, so it was actually a pretty good move. They were apparently an in-demand item, which would indicate nailing the target market.
I have no idea what the results were from the ND B&G game.
Juice ??? They were blue shirts with a few logos on them. There was nothing juicy about them at all. They would have looked the same, if not better, had they been white or gold. but at least white or gold would have been representative of the occasion. Blue was not, nor would any other color have been. As far as their being "in demand," hell, man, ANYTHING free is "in demand."

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
If I'm DP I don't know why you seriously wouldn't keep a package of our flexbone with a whole bevy of plays. The players know it, it's smash mouth, and can come in handy. Especially in short yardage since it looks like he may not ever go under center (of course this was just a scrimmage and they didn't wanna show a ton of looks). We were ridiculously vanilla on D and very much so on O as well. We don't want too much tape to be out on us. But why not incorporate a flexbone package with Tobias under center, Benson/Howard/Griffin at BB, and Griffin/Cottrell/Jarrett at AB for certain situations. It would be a great opportunity imho. 2, 3, 4 times a game in short yardage situations. Would give defenses absolute fits after scheming for the spread read option 4 wide attack all game.

Maybe I'm overthinking it. But I wanna see us under center and able to play some power football. You can't win against the big boys going 4 wide and trying to run the ball in short yardage situations from the gun.

Time will tell. I want a true multiple offense. I'm not going to be happy if we never go under center and try to run the zone reads EAST/WEST style running attack without attacking the line of scrimmage. I think it would be super cool to Paul and he could even consult just on a small package of plays. That's how you leverage everything you have at your fingertips, Geoff. Paul can still help us imo.
Yes! And yes, shotgun is dumb on the 2 yard line. I am with you 100% about power football!,