Spring Game Postgame Thread

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
It wasn't advertised as a Whiteout or Goldout, so there's plenty of room for other colors. For example, I seem to recall almost every coach wearing some form of blue shirt.

Calvin Johnson was wearing grey.

Actually, Geoff Collins was wearing black.

This obsession with colors and the music is ridiculous (not pointing at you dtm). I go to the games to watch football, and not just THE football. The rest of the stuff is for people who need to be entertained because they are casual fans or wives or something. Which is OK I guess, but I could give a damn about colors or music. I want to win. If we wear pink and play hip hop and get great athletes in school, then I am all for it.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Actually, Geoff Collins was wearing black.

This obsession with colors and the music is ridiculous (not pointing at you dtm). I go to the games to watch football, and not just THE football. The rest of the stuff is for people who need to be entertained because they are casual fans or wives or something. Which is OK I guess, but I could give a damn about colors or music. I want to win. If we wear pink and play hip hop and get great athletes in school, then I am all for it.

I was watching on TV and it looked like a navy blue vest, but black is cool. The bookstore had a really nice pair of black Adidas basketball shorts last time I was in town. This all sounds good to me.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It was advertised as the WHITE AND GOLD GAME. That should be enough. Calvin and other guests are free to wear whatever they damn well please.

Sorry. Just woke up from a nap.

Aren't "other guests" everyone else in the stadium last night that weren't there in some sort of capacity as a player or GT football/GTAA employee?

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I didn't say a thing about the fans or anybody else involved. I simply said that if they are going to sell a "White and Gold Game", then they ought to support that nomenclature, and not dilute it with extraneous crap.

I thought I had read all the posts in this thread but I must have missed a couple before I posted my response. Was the context of your comment about things like the shirts being given out to the students and the band? If that’s the case then please accept my apologies for not doing my due diligence and properly getting the context. I completely missed that part of the discussion but that’s on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I had read all the posts in this thread but I must have missed a couple before I posted my response. Was the context of your comment about things like the shirts being given out to the students and the band? If that’s the case then please accept my apologies for not doing my due diligence and properly getting the context. I completely missed that part of the discussion but that’s on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. My objection was that the band and students were given blue shirts by the school (or GTAA) for the White and Gold game. Just makes no sense to me.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Win at all cost huh jacketup! I tell you man you have no scruples. Pink uniforms and hip hop. People will talk!

Go Jackets!

I hope that comment is TIC, or you have just gone on record as the poster child for how our fanbase holds this program back.

And, we have worn pink for breast cancer awareness, and we have played hip hop. I guess our program has no scruples, so I am in good company. I'm still proud to be a fan and an alum, even if other prima donnas are not.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I was watching on TV and it looked like a navy blue vest, but black is cool. The bookstore had a really nice pair of black Adidas basketball shorts last time I was in town. This all sounds good to me.

Go on youtube and watch the postgame interview. His clothes sure look black up close.

The InstAtute

Georgia Tech Fan
Lots of discussion about uniforms. Even though I have my opinions, I personally could care less about what we wear as long as players are happy. I’m expecting multiple combinations this year (based on last years Temple combinations). I would not be surprised to see an all gold look at some point this season mimicking the NFL solid color uniforms.

I hope that comment is TIC, or you have just gone on record as the poster child for how our fanbase holds this program back.

And, we have worn pink for breast cancer awareness, and we have played hip hop. I guess our program has no scruples, so I am in good company. I'm still proud to be a fan and an alum, even if other prima donnas are not.
We haven't worn pink uniforms, but yes, we have worn pink accessories, and I for one am fine with that. Just glad that red doesn't represent breast cancer awareness.....LOL

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Go on youtube and watch the postgame interview. His clothes sure look black up close.

Agreed, but that might be the lighting. The hat looks black in the video, but it's definitely the baseball team's hat that's definitely navy blue. In the highlight package, it appears he's wearing navy blue.

Blue or black, the adidas gear looks sharp, in either case.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Lots of discussion about uniforms. Even though I have my opinions, I personally could care less about what we wear as long as players are happy. I’m expecting multiple combinations this year (based on last years Temple combinations). I would not be surprised to see an all gold look at some point this season mimicking the NFL solid color uniforms.

Totally agree that the most important thing is that it's a combo that the players enjoy.