Spring Game Postgame Thread

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I couldn't hear a thing the band played, other than the National Anthem, the Alma Mater, and Ramblin' Wreck Song a couple of times. I certainly never heard "Mo Bamba". And yes, of course, I want them there as students, and they want to be there. But if they're going to be there and playing, then let them be heard.
I heard them on the livestream. Weird.

Also, they seemed to be having a great time and the blue shirts looked awesome.

I bet the students loved the shirts, making them a great marketing decision, which the GTAA has been doing a lot of lately in football.
Hell, man, students love anything free, but there should be more thought given into what they give and under what circumstances they give things. Like I said, I spoke to a couple of band members, and they didn't like it either, agreeing with me that it was stupid.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hell, man, students love anything free, but there should be more thought given into what they give and under what circumstances they give things. Like I said, I spoke to a couple of band members, and they didn't like it either, agreeing with me that it was stupid.

2 band members isn't a normalized sample size. If you'd have said 30 and guaranteed me that you didn't ask a leading question to get the answer you wanted, then maybe I could accept that.

Pretty good looking shirts though. I think they evoked a metaphor for the White & Gold of GT in Atlanta under the night time backdrop. Very well done.

2 band members isn't a normalized sample size. If you'd have said 30 and guaranteed me that you didn't ask a leading question to get the answer you wanted, then maybe I could accept that.

Pretty good looking shirts though. I think they evoked a metaphor for the White & Gold of GT in Atlanta under the night time backdrop. Very well done.
I wasn't looking to take a survey. I just approached some band members, and a couple of them said agreed with me. Maybe others also agreed, maybe not; I have no idea.
And wth do we need a "metaphor"? Why not make it explicit?

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Just watched the replay on Watch ESPN. That left-handed quarterback no. 13 Ryan Lantz, on the Gold team, looked impressive. He had a very nice touch on some long spirals for big gains. His bio:

https://ramblinwreck.com/roster/ryan-lantz/

He is listed as a redshirt freshman! He also looked bigger than the 6-1, 168 lbs. as listed in his bio.

Question: is he a walk-on? I cannot remember him signing up as a scholarship player.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I wasn't looking to take a survey. I just approached some band members, and a couple of them said agreed with me. Maybe others also agreed, maybe not; I have no idea.
And wth do we need a "metaphor"? Why not make it explicit?

I'd have liked to know some more results. I just can't buy that the navy blue shirts weren't wildly popular.

Great idea though. Using the blue shirt, perhaps put a gold outline of the skyline behind the ATL. I might drop the GTAA email about it.

I'd have liked to know some more results. I just can't buy that the navy blue shirts weren't wildly popular.

Great idea though. Using the blue shirt, perhaps put a gold outline of the skyline behind the ATL. I might drop the GTAA email about it.
As I have already repeatedly said, it was the WHITE AND GOLD GAME. There should have been no blue whatsoever.....or any other color either.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As I have already repeatedly said, it was the WHITE AND GOLD GAME. There should have been no blue whatsoever.....or any other color either.

It wasn't advertised as a Whiteout or Goldout, so there's plenty of room for other colors. For example, I seem to recall almost every coach wearing some form of blue shirt.

Calvin Johnson was wearing grey.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't care what popped out. It was the White and Gold game. The band and students should have been given white or gold shirts, no matter what lettering appeared on them. STUPID marketing decision......which, of course, is nothing new for Tech marketing.
your shtick is getting old. let it go.

It wasn't advertised as a Whiteout or Goldout, so there's plenty of room for other colors. For example, I seem to recall almost every coach wearing some form of blue shirt.

Calvin Johnson was wearing grey.
It was advertised as the WHITE AND GOLD GAME. That should be enough. Calvin and other guests are free to wear whatever they damn well please.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Don't disagree that it starts up front, but what does that have to do with QB, RB, and WR?

Because they don’t play in a vacuum. QB’s gotta have time to throw, RB’s have to have lanes, etc.

I’m expecting the OL to struggle for a little while. Hope I’m wrong.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer

This is where you start sounding like "only people wearing white and gold are acceptable" which is pretty condescending and incredibly off-putting to other people who'd like to be fans. Personally, as I've said elsewhere, I'll take all the fans that want to come and watch the game. If they've got white and gold attire that they like and will wear it then that's awesome. If they don't but still would like to come and scream their heads off for the Yellow Jackets then I'll welcome them with open arms and won't spend any time berating them for not wearing white and gold (so long as the colors don't represent my arch rival; that's not cool at all).