Spring Game Postgame Thread

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
On the flipside, Christian Malloy had more wiggle and slither than I expected. Also showed good instincts following a blocker in the open field. There wasn't much opportunity for others, so it's hard to project, but I wouldn't be surprised now if Malloy gets a big portion of the RB1 snaps by end of year.
I haven't seen the spring game yet, but I did see Paul's presser after the VT game last year. Someone commented on Malloy's play (4 rushes, 27 yards). Paul smirked and said something like, "Yeah, he is pretty good, isn't he?" In short, he knew what you noticed.

When you look at Malloy's high school film, the first thing you notice is that he is a lot faster then his "low 3 star" rating might lead you to believe. I doubt he'll end up with a load of carries next year; his competition will be Benson (I hope), Mason, and Howard, all right decent RBs. (No Benson = "Yes, that dust cloud is over the cockfight to be RB. Why do you ask?") I think he will surprise most of us in 2020, however. He's not as cute as Griffin the Younger, but he's as fast and he squares up and gets downfield quickly.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
This where we sat at at the spring game,my dad on the left and a buddy of mine and his son went to the game and me on the right end,had a great time there,Collins really got me fired up and also the fans before it even started,loved the chant Calvin Johnson said to the fans before the game started! We got a fun season awaiting on us,was glad to see @iceeater1969 there and his wife hope y'all are getting around good,great night and football that night!

Attachments

• 20190426_183456.jpg
    20190426_183456.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 61

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This where we sat at at the spring game,my dad on the left and a buddy of mine and his son went to the game and me on the right end,had a great time there,Collins really got me fired up and also the fans before it even started,loved the chant Calvin Johnson said to the fans before the game started! We got a fun season awaiting on us,was glad to see @iceeater1969 there and his wife hope y'all are getting around good,great night and football that night!
Even though wife was 6 weeks after knee replace, she was eager to see the buzz at bds. So glad u are a gt sidewalk fan- best fans in world are die hard sidewalk gt .

Kind of like David Curry said before spring game - " u side walk fans dont have to be all in for gt football, u get to!" So glad to see your dad at the game.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Even though wife was 6 weeks after knee replace, she was eager to see the buzz at bds. So glad u are a gt sidewalk fan- best fans in world are die hard sidewalk gt .

Kind of like David Curry said before spring game - " u side walk fans dont have to be all in for gt football, u get to!" So glad to see your dad at the game.
Thanks man it was good seeing y'all too,hope your wife gets better with the knee problems,my dad has hip problems,left side he can't walk without a cane hope to see y'all at some games this year! Go Jackets!!! Always!

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
You’re right! We should just tell him to go back, that he’s not welcome here, and that we’re already so deep at his position.

Sorry you took it that way. I am proud and very happy when any young athlete chooses to come to GT. When @dtm1997 noted that Clayton was a 5* from U of F, I was elated that he might be like the second coming of Vic Beasley. But due to several injuries his development has apparently been slowed down. That's all. No slight intended.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Not much wind down low but at flag level you could see a lot of wind. Harvin gets his kicks way up.
I thought that was one of our DL/OL grads screwing around. Then I remembered our punter weighs in around 275. How many other schools have a punter that could carry around a beer keg with one arm? We’re either missing a PR/recruiting opportunity here or maybe I’m just too damn old.

I thought that was one of our DL/OL grads screwing around. Then I remembered our punter weighs in around 275. How many other schools have a punter that could carry around a beer keg with one arm? We’re either missing a PR/recruiting opportunity here or maybe I’m just too damn old.
I thought I had read somewhere that he had lost weight or firmed up some. Didn't look it Friday night, but as long as he can kick the hell out of it, I don't care. LOL