Spring Game Postgame Thread

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Keep saying it, and it's 100% true: Fridge was ahead of his time.
It's even worse. So in Reggie's freshman year we ran a lot of zone read and spread concepts before they were cool. Now reggie made a ton of freshman mistakes, but if we had stayed in that offense throughout chan's coaching we would have been the trend setters with it.

Fridge was amazingly innovated, still one of my favorite offenses. Johnson's when its working is and will always be my favorite only because there is no other offense out there that can literally break not only a team but every opposing fan in a single drive like a back breaking 3 ypp 13 minute death march, where if you try to do something crazy to stop it you end up just giving up a TD.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Maybe Coach P can keep a few of our old plays in the playbook. Fridge ran the 30 a few times a game "goose is loose". Why not.
even watching his old Maryland teams is fun. Him and Spurrier are my favorite offensive minds ever. Crazy to think they were both with our program at one time

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
“It felt great to let the nation know that we can throw the ball, not just run it every down,” said redshirt freshman James Graham, who threw 10 passes, including a picturesque 39-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Adonicas Sanders. “I’m glad we’ve got a new system.”

“In the last offense, I didn’t really have a chance to showcase my talents. Now that Coach Collins came in we started to run the spread offense, and that’s my kind of offense . . . “ he said. “All spring, me and James had a great connection . . . Now in the spread offense, [I’m] getting targets.”

“Kenny Cooper will play guard, the next day he’s playing center, the next day he’s playing tackle . . . position flexibility is a huge deal for this program,” Collins said. “In a perfect world, we would go into the season with 10 [offensive linemen] above the line that are ready to play and roll in.”

“Here’s what we do well. Here’s the things that Lucas does well. Here’s the packages that he does well analytically. Here’s what James does well, Tobias [Oliver, who saw significant time at QB last fall and throughout the spring but missed the spring game due to injury], etc., so we can put the best package together.”

https://ramblinwreck.com/tgw-what-we-learned-offense/

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Why is Benson transferring? Disappointing - two players - maybe our only two - who had made All-ACC - have left or are leaving. I was looking forward to seeing Benson last yer and broke his leg in first real game. Was sad at game in Tampa. Looking forward to him coming back, but no comeback. Why not stinking with us?

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Why is Benson transferring? Disappointing - two players - maybe our only two - who had made All-ACC - have left or are leaving. I was looking forward to seeing Benson last yer and broke his leg in first real game. Was sad at game in Tampa. Looking forward to him coming back, but no comeback. Why not stinking with us?
I don't think he would have been stinking with us;):whistle: